Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible to unlock a nokia 6680???

slester2004
    well it was defo done, i saw it with my own eyes!
    i just looked on ebay at buying a handset, a 6680, and the bloke selling it too me said he had his unlocked.
    in the listing it says the phone was unlocked, so i asked if it was factory unlocked from new or if he had done it.
    he just told me he had it done, but then his 6680 was only locked to vodaphone, not 3g.

Midland Events Organiser
    as far as im aware u cnt unlock them,and even if u do it voids ur warranty,so if ur phone dies ur fooked!! obv dnt matter if ur selling it.

slester2004
    well im going to the local unlock shop tommorrow when my new phone arrives to see if they can unlock it, as the one i jus bought is on 3g.
    I know they can unlock the 6680 if its originally on vodafone,but not sure bout 3g!
    I know 100% because i have seen it that they can unlock the 6630 on 3g by using a data cable and their laptop!
    I shall put up a reply tommorrow to let u all know if they managed to unlock my 6680!!!! fingers crossed eh!!!

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by slester2004
    well im going to the local unlock shop tommorrow when my new phone arrives to see if they can unlock it, as the one i jus bought is on 3g.
    I know they can unlock the 6680 if its originally on vodafone,but not sure bout 3g!
    I know 100% because i have seen it that they can unlock the 6630 on 3g by using a data cable and their laptop!
    I shall put up a reply tommorrow to let u all know if they managed to unlock my 6680!!!! fingers crossed eh!!!
    let me know mate! i'd be interested in this

Punto Lover
    i havent recieved a 6680 unlock on my program but im sure you can do it.

Edit : "Dont look good.."
    Last edited by PuntoDom; 24th October 2005 at 20:40.

slester2004
    well im going to try the shop, either tommorrow or wednesday, depending when the phone arrives.
    if they can do the 6630 i guess they will be able to do the 6680 on 3?
    il be gutted if they cant

slester2004
    Right, latest on the score with my 6680............
    Unfortunately my handset didnt come this morning but i have been assured it will b here 2moro.
    So, i decided to ring M Viron, my local unlocking shop, to ask them if they will be able to unlock my 6680.
    They said YES they had unlocked many in the past............................BUT............... ............it did not work every time, only 85% of the phones actually were unlocked due to different software versions on the handsets !
    so, i bet mine will be one of the 15% that will be unsuccessful, sods law!!!!!
    i shall let you know more when i do!!!!

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by slester2004
    Right, latest on the score with my 6680............
    Unfortunately my handset didnt come this morning but i have been assured it will b here 2moro.
    So, i decided to ring M Viron, my local unlocking shop, to ask them if they will be able to unlock my 6680.
    They said YES they had unlocked many in the past............................BUT............... ............it did not work every time, only 85% of the phones actually were unlocked due to different software versions on the handsets !
    so, i bet mine will be one of the 15% that will be unsuccessful, sods law!!!!!
    i shall let you know more when i do!!!!
    this shop could make alot of money off internet business if they can do them!

slester2004
    IT GOT UNLOCKED TODAY, TRUE, UNLOCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

working on o2 now.

they didnt use a pc, they used a box for first attemt but that didnt work,i was absolutely gutted!

they then flashed it and its unlocked now, it doesnt work on orange or t mobile tho, only o2, vodafone, 3.

more info please.

i just got one, need it to work on o2.
    1997 Fiat Punto GT Abarth - being restored
    2014 Jaguar XFR-S Sportbrake

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast