Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617

Thread: Phase 2 of the GT revamp starts next weekend

Breadvan Skillz
    Ok mate. I will do some more, but just gonna wait for the weather to change.

1/4 mile at a time
    seen it in the flesh and under headlights it looks bo.

a lot of hardwork has gone into this car over the past few months on bodywork and engine work, faily play baz you must be chuffed to bits!

Breadvan Skillz
    Quote Originally Posted by T
    seen it in the flesh and under headlights it looks bo.

a lot of hardwork has gone into this car over the past few months on bodywork and engine work, faily play baz you must be chuffed to bits!

Many thanks T.

And especially to Glen, My Bro, My Dad and myself.

Breadvan Skillz
    Fitted the other wind deflector and buffed up the zaust today.

All done now

* Happy Bunny *

Breadvan Skillz
    Bumping for a few peeps. (abarth will & someone else)

Pics on Page 14 by the way to save you searching.

Looks mint especially when it all goes black! You kept the wheels too eh, looks ace man!

Who did the work? (Sorry but 17 pages is too long to read in my current frame of mind )

Breadvan Skillz
    Quote Originally Posted by KAS
    Looks mint especially when it all goes black! You kept the wheels too eh, looks ace man!

Who did the work? (Sorry but 17 pages is too long to read in my current frame of mind )

ah cheers Kas mate, yeah i kept the wheels ... done them a nice shade of black lol.

The work was a bit of a mixed bag.

I bought all the materials myself, me and my bro sanded, de dented and filled all the nasty bits.

My dad took over from there and degreased it & painted the car in a day.

Its basically Porsche black (3 coats) with 2 coats of Rage metalflake over the top, and 2 coats of a really nice laquer that they use on the porsches & audis.

I kept the cost down to £700 roughly by doing it all myself.

Oh and forgot to add new turbo and piper cam fitted so all finished now ecept upgrading the brakes ... lol

Looks fapping lush, looks tidy as owt, well done to ya's!! Its flipped real nice even from the photos, bet you cant wait for summer

I was thinking of doing me own prep to save on labor costs, but Fat Bitch needs professional TLC, i dont think i could go anywhere near as good as you's have done it. I best keep saving

Breadvan Skillz
    Quote Originally Posted by KAS
    Looks fapping lush, looks tidy as owt, well done to ya's!! Its flipped real nice even from the photos, bet you cant wait for summer

I was thinking of doing me own prep to save on labor costs, but Fat Bitch needs professional TLC, i dont think i could go anywhere near as good as you's have done it. I best keep saving

Mate its really not that hard, its just about having he confidece and geeting a little bit of advice, about lining the edges and stuff.

My dad came round and gave pointers now and again throughout the day but the general gist was simple.

Get the DA sander out wack some 500 discs on it and go to town, get all the laquer off till the colour goes powerdery, go round all the sills and tights edges with red and grey scotch cloth. Any dents, skim with filler and cover with thin layer of primer once set.

I even did the wheels myself from silver to black in a similar process includng using filler on the kerbed wheel

and believe me summer cant come fast enough mate ... lol

Punto Enthusiast
    lookin very nice mate, lovin the interior bits

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617