Thread: Quick Question

Punto Lover

Quick Question

Will a low level of engine oil increase fuel consumption? (By low I mean 5mm below the minimum level )

Punto Lover
    Come on guys a simple yes or no?

1/4 mile at a time
    i havent got a clue.

i wouldnt have thought so tho.

No I dont think so.

The only thing that the oil does is lubricate the moving parts of the engine. You can go a bit lower then the minimum without anything much happening. If you have bad consumption, its probably the way you drive as the main reason.
    Punto Gt no more!

dezentpunto
    not unless it was majorly low...the only real time oil would affect the fuel efficiency is if it hadnt been changed for awhile

Quote Originally Posted by dezentpunto
    not unless it was majorly low...the only real time oil would affect the fuel efficiency is if it hadnt been changed for awhile
    havent got a clue mate any 1 knows y my turbo still smoking after ive fitted a new 1

NaVsS
    Nah, wouldnt think so. Probably wank your motor tho if left low a while and driven hard.

If turbo's a brand spanker then look at other things such as head gasket, piston rings, valve stem seals etc. If its a recon i'd dig out whatever warranty came with it.....

dezentpunto
    Quote Originally Posted by 187GT
    havent got a clue mate any 1 knows y my turbo still smoking after ive fitted a new 1

there could still be oil in the lines from where the old one blew, should clear up after a few miles matey