Thread: ## Puntomk2, PSC and Puntoforum Group Meet (santa pod) ##

Punto know it all

## Puntomk2, PSC and Puntoforum Group Meet (santa pod) ##

Dear All

Following recent issues between certain members and club admin it's been decided to arrange an inter club meet for everyone.

This will only work with your participation and support.

Unfortunately the main car shows have been and gone now, but Santa Pod are running a run what you brung (www.rwyb.co.uk) Saturday Night Special again, after the massive success of the first one.

For those of you that don't know, it's a drag racing evening where, if you want, you can run your own cars without needing race licences or anything daft and it costs £15 for as many runs as you want.

http://www.puntosports.co.uk/forums/...ad.php?t=33523

Santa Pod - 15th October, gates open at 8:00 am and racing into the night

www.rwyb.co.uk

£10 entry
    £15 unlimited track runs

Saturday Night Special

Santa Pod's first "Saturday Night Special" was held on Saturday 19th February, and it proved to be a massive success with all who attended. The thrill of racing in the dark is an assault to the senses, and the sounds and smells of racing are intensified by the night air. All types of vehicles were in attendance, from hot rods to hot hatches, and also a few bikes and dragsters made the most of the dry evening and great atmosphere.

The February event was such a success that we have scheduled another Saturday Night Special on Saturday October 15th. Please note, this is not listed on our printed calendars, but has been scheduled due to public demand. Experience the thrill of night racing with additional attractions such as a 270mph Jet Car, sideshows, Bar & Music and catering. There is free camping for those wanting to stay over for the Sunday Run What Ya Brung, and of course all cars, bikes and clubs are welcome!

Gates open Sat 15th Oct at 8am. Racing will continue until 9pm, track and weather conditions permitting. Signing on costs the normal £15 per driver per day for unlimited runs. Driving License required. Entry costs £10 for a full-day ticket and £20 for a two-day ticket.
    Free camping with two-day tickets.
    Next Saturday Night Special is on October 15th 2005

Photos from Saturday 19th February, Click on photos to enlarge.

Main RWYB Gallery

The only thing you need to go drag racing at the famous Santa Pod Raceway is a valid UK driving licence, £10 for admission and a £15 signing-on fee. You'll be entitled to unlimited runs or as many as your nerves will allow! After each run you'll receive a personal performance print-out showing your reaction times to the start lights, 60ft, 1/4 mile, 1/8 mile times and terminal speed. If you really get hooked you could then apply for a competition licence and enter a street class at a proper race meeting because, don't forget, the RWYB days are how most of the professional racers get started.

This is meant to join all members of all types of car and you do not have to run if you don't want to. That said, there will be all makes and models of cars there on the day from 50 - 1050 bhp.

If you would like to see this a success we would love you to come along.

This is not a PSC run event, but a joint event run by all three main clubs

Hope to see you all there.

Any questions you can contact me on PSC or my email mr_merc@hotmail.com . Thanks.

Jimma (PSC).

Punto know it all
    Following on from this thread:

http://www.puntosports.co.uk/forums/...ad.php?t=35422

If we get everyone that has put their name down below, going, that is over 35 people!

If you are going please put your name down here:

http://www.puntosports.co.uk/forums/...2005-10-15&c=1

This is going to be an excellent day and a better evening! I look forward to seeing you all there.

Dancing Queenie
    if i can get my wheels sold sharpish and i'm not at work - i'd love to come!