Thread: Speeding

Punto Enthusiast

Speeding

I was flashed by a speed camera yesterday. Whats the problem you ask? Well, at the time I was been dangerously tailgaited by a BMW, I could barely see his headlights... I was trying to overtake the cars in the left hand lane so that I could get out of the way. If I had touched my brakes he would have hit me. But luckily for him he slammed them on before the camera.

It was 60 in a 50 on the A2.

Do I have any chance of not getting done for this? Considering the circumstances? A fine would be ok, but not points. But I guess I'll be getting both...

chances are it is you thats being done but im sure you cud go to court and argue ur case u might get off.

You'll get points and a fine unless you go to court as above. Next time anyone tailgates you press the brakes and let them hit you, then ring the number in me sig

Punto Enthusiast
    Well I guess I'm gonna be arguing then...

Punto Lover
    normally if you just accept you got caught speeding they let you off lighter and give you 3 points and a £60 fine due to the fact that it saves time and stops the courts clogging up unessicaraly. but if you go to court to try argue your case and fail they can give you higher points (6) than what you would have had if just accepting the first fine. this happened to a friend about a year ago, got caught speeding and they sent a 3 points and £60 fine through but he went to cort and the appeail failed and he walked away with 6points.

another thing that i think is great is that the police in leceistershire have started to do a thing called driver awareness corse, if caught speeding they give you £100 fine and 0points but you have to attend a driver awareness carse that is about 3 hours long that informs a driver of what speeding can cause etc... and how lives can be reuined

Punto Lover
    lol well thats good news im moving to leicester this weekend

Punto Lover
    even if you go to court and argue i can almost guarnatee you will not get of,end of the day you were speeding regardless of the situation,the driver behind didnt make you speed up,you sped up.