Thread: A Fiat Problem

A Fiat Problem

Few months ago I posted about my wheel bearing needing replaced. Fiat done the work in April and also replaced the hub at the same time at a total of £157 plus VAT.

Few weeks ago the car failed its MOT on the same wheel bearing, so back to Fiat it went, they replaced the part on Thursday this week.

Tonight, while driving along. I heard a scraping noise so went to pull over and the brakes locked up.

Upon looking at it, the top nut from the caliper fiat had taken off has fallen out, meaning the caliper has pivited from the top and ground out against the alloy.

A temporary roadside repair was to swap the bottom bolt for the top, however the caliper has rounded off so the nut wasnt tightening up. Luckally I had a spare caliper carrier at home so got my dad to bring it down and we managed to put the remaining 1 bolt into the top and coast home with no brakes.

Anyway my car is now off the road until his can be fixed. I will be going to see fiat regarding it tomorrow. Not very happy.

audiben
    consider trading standards for this and keep all reciepts of recovery and repairs!