Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Punto GT v Nova 2.0 Redtop

Punto Enthusiast

Punto GT v Nova 2.0 Redtop

a friend of mine has a 2.0 redtop(16v) nova with a 4 branch manifold and we had a race last nite, my punto got chipped on tuesday, so dont know what its pushin out bhp wise it was 150 be4 tuesday.

and we went head to head i won by about a car length. not bad
    what u guys think??

Punto Enthusiast
    not bad the nova with the xe lump is a quick tool although is a bit floored around the bends as it is very front heavy unless it is moved further back. for a traffic light grand prix it's prefeect as the weight is over the front wheels!

Stanadard lump is about 140 - 150hp with a manifold probaly a little bit more but as with any engine needs a bit work to give full potential!

Yep, me mates lil bro managed to show me what the back of his car looks like, he's bin rollin roaded at 178bhp and i could barely keep up. They are tools when tuned. He didnt have his throttle bodies on, but if he did i guess i would have had to give up

Punto Enthusiast
    this was on a straight, no bends. i was well impressed thought he whould have smoked me. lol

Like dan says he was probly running less power than you, my mate's had, 4 branch manifold, stage 3 rally head, forged pistons, bored out opel lump. and a few other lil bits and bobs. He comfortably had my ass!!

Punto Enthusiast
    all depends though if the engine was just dropped staright in or rebuilt before hand as they can get tired after 100, 000 miles and start to slow down a bit probably with that lump in they will weigh about the same as the pgt although as kas says that are a proper tool when a good tune up and tweak has been applied!

An LET in a nova will destroy most gt's as that is the calibra turbo lump, 200+hp standard and a rocket ship in the light nova shell!

Punto Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by KAS
    Like dan says he was probly running less power than you, my mate's had, 4 branch manifold, stage 3 rally head, forged pistons, bored out opel lump. and a few other lil bits and bobs. He comfortably had my ass!!
    in other words he had power from the word go where as you still trying to get it on boost and off the line, plus with that sort of work he was probably revving to 7500rpm, and power all the way there with throttle bodies too!

gatecrasher3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan the old punto man
    all depends though if the engine was just dropped staright in or rebuilt before hand as they can get tired after 100, 000 miles and start to slow down a bit probably with that lump in they will weigh about the same as the pgt although as kas says that are a proper tool when a good tune up and tweak has been applied!

An LET in a nova will destroy most gt's as that is the calibra turbo lump, 200+hp standard and a rocket ship in the light nova shell!
    An XE in a Nova will destroy most GT's including the majority of the Seb & FMIC brigade. I have hours of fun doing it!

Me best mate had a revs featured 6speed nova with calibra turbo engine. He tuned the beast a lil too, and it was a pure monster, used to eat porsches, cossies, evos, EVERYTHING!! digi speedo used to stop at 157mph in fifth, then he still had all of 6th to go (speedo needed calibrating but the car was still hitting a true 150+mph)

Fukkin beast of a car, but he got pissed of with a random leccy problem, and broke it and sold it all off

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by gatecrasher3
    An XE in a Nova will destroy most GT's including the majority of the Seb & FMIC brigade. I have hours of fun doing it!
    will they?!

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast