Thread: I've bought a new Punto... bye bye 'GT-R'

I've bought a new Punto... bye bye 'GT-R'

Well guys - the days of 200+ hp, whooping M3's, Cossies, Boxter's and Caterham's, are behind me.

I bought a 5 door mk1 '55 S' last week. M reg, 46k miles, 10months tax and MOT. No power steering, (infact, no power!) no woooottiissshhhh, no frills

Just bought it as a runabout for work, and pottering around locally whilst the GT undergoes more surgery, whilst off the road. As some of you guys were already aware, I intended to continue modding the GT either until it broke, or I got bored of it. Well, it hasn't broke, and I'm not bored of it.... we're a year on from the engine being built, and it's covered 5k miles without a hiccup - so it's time to push it further towards it's limits.

Anyway, just thought I'd share that with you.

PS - I can actually get to my g/f's house quicker in the 55 than I could in the GT despite it having 1/4 of the power, because there's lots of junctions. Have you tried pulling out of a junction when you've near enough stopped in a car with an organic clutch and a 7:1 compression ratio???

Ciao.
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

CTR_Paul
    Moving up in the world eh Matt

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more!
    Wow, sounds like a beast. Is it white?

Punto Lover
    lucky bastard, thats going to be my next motor a 55.. might push the boat out for a 60 if the insurance will let me.... lmao

Punto Lover
    tho must say my mate had a 60 and £3 used to take us about 50 miles easy... lol... and that was driving it to the floor... hehehe

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dêbô
    I bought a 5 door mk1 '55 S' last week.
    Gimmie a shout if you need some help tuning it.

CTR_Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowtechguy
    Gimmie a shout if you need some help tuning it.
    LMFAO!!!!!

BlackBeast
    If things go right in the next couple of months i will also be buying a 55 or 60 S, 3 door though