Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Coupe 20vt vs Seb 4.11 Punto ;)

Red face

I've raced quite a few 170bhp+ Punto GT's in a relatively standard Coupe and there wasn't much in it until you reach 90+ that's when the coupe aerodynamics really helps.
    The Punto GT is a very underated car and one of the better cars I've owned . That said there's less and less standard coupe's about now, since you can bolt on a +30bhp chip for about £35, you'll soon know it when you meet a chipped 1.3bar coop! Unless of course you're running a 2ltr turbo engine in your punto!!

James

Punto Lover
    and we all kno there isn't many of them about lol 9k for a punto 2litre is a joke btw, relating to another thread lol

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by j4mes View Post
    I've raced quite a few 170bhp+ Punto GT's in a relatively standard Coupe and there wasn't much in it until you reach 90+ that's when the coupe aerodynamics really helps.
    The Punto GT is a very underated car and one of the better cars I've owned . That said there's less and less standard coupe's about now, since you can bolt on a +30bhp chip for about £35, you'll soon know it when you meet a chipped 1.3bar coop! Unless of course you're running a 2ltr turbo engine in your punto!!

James

that is total rubbish mate......... the coupe must have been nakard lmao, a punto gt4 will not even look at a coupe 20vt, for starters mate you should look at gear ratios.......

God has spoken again!

You should look at power to weight ratio too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shorty View Post
    that is total rubbish mate......... the coupe must have been nakard lmao, a punto gt4 will not even look at a coupe 20vt, for starters mate you should look at gear ratios.......
    Hi,

220hp Coupe is not *that* fast. 0-100 in 16.4s if I remember from tests. A seb4 gt is going 100mph in 14s. We have seen this from quarter mile timing.

Like for like i.e. standard GT vs standard Coupe, coupe is faster every time. This thread though was about a modified spec of a GT vs a standard coupe.

James

P.S. James Bennett does not really post on here anymore, well not since a few years ago. He bought my car off me in 2003, so theres not much point calling him mate.

Punto Lover
    God is about to speak again (mudafuka)

So what power to weight ratio blah blah blah.... about 400kg between the 2........ 1.4 8v turbo agaist 2.0 20v turbo, total bolloxs a standard coupe 20vt (220 bhp) will eat a 1.4 170bhp little crack ajack toy gt turbo any day of the week

400kilo is 40% heavier, 50hp is along way short of 40% more power to make up for it.

Punto know it all
    I can comment on this after i started the post a good few years ago!

I had the Punto for 5 years, i've now had the 20vt for just over 18 months. My big blowered Punto would sit with the 20vt to 140 if the coupe was standard.

With the 20vt running a remap/1.2 bar boost through the old apexi/fmic etc it's a different story! There wouldn't be much in it from a standing start to 80ish, after that though the 5 pot would be pulling away cleanly.

I managed a 13.6 1/4 up at pod in the coupe which is around 260hp. The quickest i could manage in the punto was 14.3

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by shorty View Post
    God is about to speak again (mudafuka)

So what power to weight ratio blah blah blah.... about 400kg between the 2........ 1.4 8v turbo agaist 2.0 20v turbo, total bolloxs a standard coupe 20vt (220 bhp) will eat a 1.4 170bhp little crack ajack toy gt turbo any day of the week
    umm, no it wont!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast