Thread: New Vauxhall Astra 2.0 turbo

Punto know it all

New Vauxhall Astra 2.0 turbo

54 plate astra 2.0 turbo, my mums mate bought one recently and she just gave me the keys to take it out for a drive 2nite 8)

it was pretty stable around corners but the ride didnt feel too sporty, it felt a bit like a boat when accelerating.
    performance wise, there werent much turbo lag so it pulled hard thru the rev range, was very responsive too.. still cant decide if its quicker than my GT or not must admit, it was fun to drive.. it had all the extras. liked the sat. nav, and the sunroof was so huge that it almost felt like a convertible

has anyone driven one these? i think i liked it

gatecrasher3
    The Astra VXR should be nice when it comes out then.

Punto Lover
    is this the 197 bhp version? They are quick but everything else about it shouts repmobile or hire car! Not something i'd put my own money into.

Talking GSi Fun

They look very smarth but the new turbocharged engine producing something silly like 190 bhp makes it torque steer like a Vauxhall Nova Valver (2.0l 16v Red Top Engine)

Still should be uber fun!!!

Seaniboy
    I guess this is the newest shape Astra. They did them in a 170bhp and a 190bhp i think, u know which one it is?

I have a Astra G (the one before the current shape) and that is 2.0 T with 190bhp standard although i think the lowest 1 seen on a rolling road made 195 and most make over 200 and it does not give me any torque steer? Got plenty of it in my punto but that was fun.

Handerling standard was not to bad, nothing to write home about but just with a set of Eiback springs made alot of difference.

One of the things i find best about the car is the breaks. 306mm Discs. At 140mph (private track) they still would put u through the window screen.

nakajima
    ive had the Astra VXR for a few days...... lots of toys and lots of torque steer too

quick car and good valuw for money i think. pettty the after service is Gash

Punto know it all
    it was one of these:

apparently just under 200bhp, so guess it was the 190bhp version