Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112

Thread: The NE Big One! 7th September

Looks like the nitrous has killed the engine if you have lost 50hp since its last RR run. Greg ran 1.3bar+ IIRC, so chances are it will need a new turbo soon and that may get the power reading back up closer to what it once was, however 50hp loss is a lot. I would do a compression test to make sure there are no internal damage.

Quote Originally Posted by PuntoBaz.NE
    I would do a compression test to make sure there are no internal damage.
    i agree, with all the mods you have you should have a decent seb2 power figure. it might just be because the milage of your engine that gave you that figure. you and baz got the lowest figures at the rr day and you and baz have the highest milages! the rest of the gt's all have the same setup as you but lower milage. my engine had >40k, the lad from boro had >10k and johnnys had >65k and we got higher readings than you and baz.
    just a thought!

But with my engine, I know what the problems are. First of all the cam is nackered, and according to many on here I will be loosing serious power from this.

Im running 20psi with an FMIC that has the same charge temperatures as a pace IC. Got a good torque figure, so with a new cam I recon I will be up there with a similar power figure to the other low milage engines.

I also think I could have a cracked wastegate on the turbo as it has a large blow on cold start up that isnt coming from the downpipe or cat.

But with my engine, I know what the problems are. First of all the cam is nackered, and according to many on here I will be loosing serious power from this.

Im running 20psi with an FMIC that has the same charge temperatures as a pace IC. Got a good torque figure, so with a new cam I recon I will be up there with a similar power figure to the other low milage engines.

I also think I could have a cracked wastegate on the turbo as it has a large blow on cold start up that isnt coming from the downpipe or cat.
    thats my point, there is summit wrong with your engine which explains the low power reading, there might be summit similarly wrong with daves car explaining his low power reading!

That was my point originally, thats why I suggested he do a compression test.

Dancing Queenie
    That was my point originally, thats why I suggested he do a compression test.
    basically what baz is saying is "yeah, a know" you idiot si

Punto Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by JaY GT
    wishful thinkin?
    i'm pretty sure it was pip in my car...

Banned
    olman why dont you ask pip the reason she made you drive all the way up to team valley for tho??? lol

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by consetthgt
    Whos this?

The lad ??

Works at my place, yellow gt
    Its me, i do work at the AA, is it you with the silver HGT? What dpt do you work on?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112