Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: claim of air con

Punto Enthusiast
    ill see if i can get in contact with him again to get the pics. Deffo had air con though.

Quote Originally Posted by PuntoboyGT
    so this guy on ebay could have a RHD imported GT?
    Could do, but considering he appears to be one cell short of a brain cell I would say not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Grishnack
    Could do, but considering he appears to be one cell short of a brain cell I would say not.
    very true.

but what i'm getting at is was it an option or not? becuase this isn't the first RHD GT i've seen with it.
    1997 Fiat Punto GT Abarth - being restored
    2014 Jaguar XFR-S Sportbrake

Spoiled Brat
    It looks as if air con to him is the blue bit on the fan set to 4.
    What was he thinkin with the lexus lights, shopping list on rear window and that spoiler

I brought my GT2 brand new in 1995 and air con was definitely 100% not an option nor was ordering my own spec, I had to choose from the specs they already had in the U.K !!
    I couldn't even get the colour i wanted (red) I had a choice of about 40 GT's around the country !!!!
    When i eventualy got the car it had 250 miles on the clock as they drove the car from another garage as they couldn't afford a transporter

Punto Lover
    There are defo GT's with AC. My 1994 GT had stock AC, dual airbags, leather interior and a sunroof. Although the sun roof was self made and not stock. I bought the GT in Germany. The AC radiator could clearly be seen on my old fitting guide, here on the forum, of my Saab ng900 intercooler. Unfortunately I think I dont have these pics any more but maybe someone here has copys.

But observe!
    I must say that the Punto GT AC is overrated. My car was black, with a sunroof and had black interior and therefore got very hot. I had to have the AC on almost the highest fan speed and on the coldest setting in order to get atleast some cooling. I mean it did make the car alot cooler then it would have been without it but not nearly as cool as modern AC's perform today. Plus the car loses A LOT of power with the AC on and spends more gas.

I only used the AC during a total period of maybe 2 months! Rest of the time the weather is pretty cool anyway and I much rather have open windows and feel the air from the outside than smell the artifcial AC air. But if you dont use the AC regularly it may brake down or malfunction. Even the manual states it needs to be operated atleast once every month for some time. Is it really worth it then?

The bottom line is that the punto AC is of poor performance and really not worth to have. Those 2 months of hot summer here i north Europe I can be without it and instead have a lighter and faster car

Punto Lover
    There are defo GT's with AC. As some of the older member here know, my 1994 GT had stock AC, dual airbags, leather interior and a sunroof. Although the sun roof was self made and not stock. I bought the GT in Germany. The AC radiator could clearly be seen on my old fitting guide, here on the forum, of my Saab ng900 intercooler. Unfortunately I think I dont have these pics any more but maybe someone here has copys.

But observe!
    I must say that the Punto GT AC is overrated. My car was black, with a sunroof and had black interior and therefore got very hot. I had to have the AC on almost the highest fan speed and on the coldest setting in order to get atleast some cooling. I mean it did make the car alot cooler then it would have been without it but not nearly as cool as modern AC's perform today. Plus the car loses A LOT of power with the AC on and spends more gas.

I only used the AC during a total period of maybe 2 months! Rest of the time the weather is pretty cool anyway and I much rather have open windows and feel the air from the outside than smell the artifcial AC air. But if you dont use the AC regularly it may brake down or malfunction. Even the manual states it needs to be operated atleast once every month for some time. Is it really worth it then?

The bottom line is that the punto AC is of poor performance and really not worth to have. Those 2 months of hot summer here i north Europe I can be without it and instead have a lighter and faster car

double post

and yes we all agree, foriegn GT's came wit the option of AC, but UK GT's appear to not have this option.
    1997 Fiat Punto GT Abarth - being restored
    2014 Jaguar XFR-S Sportbrake

Matt_L
    Aircons great as a form of engine braking aswell, just switch it on and it slows you down so you save those brake pads :P

Punto Enthusiast
    I hate Air Con, tbh i must only use it once maybe twice a year. That's only when a passenger complains it's too hot?!? I call them women, embrace the heat! We don't get enough to complain.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123