Thread: Upgrading Computer

Punto Lover

Upgrading Computer

I want to buy a few new bits for my computer like ram etc, wheres the best place to buy this sort of stuff quite cheap.

Thanks

Punto know it all
    ebay.

Punto Lover
    Cheers mate.

Withnail
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill
    ebay.
    **** that, expensive delivery (stick of ram? That'll be £48 first class please), possible use of PayPal (see my thread in daily chat). Ebay is ****, I've decided.

Richie's got the idea. www.dabs.com are also good. www.todayonly.co.uk often has a few bargains.

Seaniboy
    http://www.komplett.co.uk Also have some good deals sometimes

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by Withnail
    **** that, expensive delivery (stick of ram? That'll be £48 first class please), possible use of PayPal (see my thread in daily chat). Ebay is ****, I've decided.

Richie's got the idea. www.dabs.com are also good. www.todayonly.co.uk often has a few bargains.
    Yes, YOU have decided, your not all of us have had bad experiences with Paypal/Ebay - When buying stuff for my PC I have ALWAYS managed to get what I want for cheaper than anywhere else on ebay...

I have bought and sold well over 200 times from ebay and everything has been fine.

richie.guy
    I havent had any problems with Ebay and i've both sold and bought goods.

I guess you were just unlucky.

Hope you get your pc all sorted out

Punto know it all
    you do have to look out for postage costs on ebay though!

www.scan.co.uk
    www.aria.co.uk
    www.microdirect.co.uk
    www.planetmicro.co.uk
    www.misco.co.uk
    www.novatech.co.uk

there's a few for you

Withnail
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill
    Yes, YOU have decided, your not all of us have had bad experiences with Paypal/Ebay - When buying stuff for my PC I have ALWAYS managed to get what I want for cheaper than anywhere else on ebay...

I have bought and sold well over 200 times from ebay and everything has been fine.
    Yup I have decided, Phil and its just a warning to others. I'm certainly not alone (take a look at www.paypalsucks.com). I'm just offering advice. My recent experiences of ebay/paypal have opened my eyes. If it can happen to me, it can happen to any one of us.

I'm sure you can get some good deals on parts on ebay, but it is no longer the bargain ground for new products that it used to be, mainly because people charge such rediculous postage.

I would always reccommend the other sites people have listed over Ebay. I'd be very surprised if everything you've ever wanted for your PC was cheaper on ebay.