Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help peoples.

1/4 mile at a time

help peoples.

yo, just had tyres changed, i b
    ought some new dunlop 40mm profile to go on the rear but the garage doing it said that you have to have a higher profile on the rear than the front if they are not equal. (rear are 45mm profile) he said they would fail MOT and not sure where the ol bill stand on the situation.

ermmm....is this right? as i wanted the lower profile ones on the rear to cut down on rubbing.:-x and i take 40mm profile are perfectly safe...looked pretty stretched on the rim

Punto Lover
    the 40 and 45 isn't in mm. It's a % of the tyres width. Not sure on legality of having different tyre sizes though.

i cant seem to understand what the problem is...

Do what i do, and tell em to "shut up, bitch, i'm paying you money, do what the fukk i tell you to. Fukk the law, yuzhurd"

I'm sure me unc's 911 has got 35 profile on the back and 40 on the front... i'll check in a bit. But then again his wheels are wider at the back.

I've got standard 14s on the front with 55 profile and 15s on the back with a 40 profile. I aint ever had any bother, but me MOT isnt due yet...

1/4 mile at a time
    hmmm my friendly mate who is a polizzzzman just said there aint a prob with having lower profile on the rear than the front...hmmmm and says it will pass MOT to.
    some garages....grrrr! now i gotta change the fukin wheels round myself!!

as long as the tyre's are the same on each axle you wont run into any legal problems...

Dude keep the low pro wheels at the front for better accelleration!! get ya rear arches rolled instead

king_punto
    Quote Originally Posted by KAS
    i cant seem to understand what the problem is...

Do what i do, and tell em to "shut up, bitch, i'm paying you money, do what the fukk i tell you to."

LMAO

1/4 mile at a time
    oh yeh kas your right....

fuk me, it shifts quicker and steering is a lot lighter to

but aint it a bit dodge havin such low profile on the front, aint they prone to punctures/bursting?
    i was going to get 205/45 on the fronts and keep the new 195/40 on the rear....

pics/vidz/opinionz

Punto know it all
    why not have 40 all round? i would.

Quote Originally Posted by mr t
    oh yeh kas your right....

fuk me, it shifts quicker and steering is a lot lighter to

but aint it a bit dodge havin such low profile on the front, aint they prone to punctures/bursting?
    i was going to get 205/45 on the fronts and keep the new 195/40 on the rear....

pics/vidz/opinionz
    It'll be perfectly safe as long as you have the correct tyre pressures, and dont drive over nails and such

seriously dont bother with 205s on the front, you'll probly end up aquaplaning off the road!

when i can afford to get new tyres for me 15s i will be gettin a 35 profile for the front and keeping the 40s on the back.

1/4 mile at a time
    hmmm k...if your sure i will get another set of 40's

but my 16's are half inch wider than standard 16's i think 16X7 195 stretched that thin ok on them?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast