Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canon 350D or Nikon D70

Withnail

Canon 350D or Nikon D70

Which one? I will be buying one, I'm just interested to hear quantum (and anyone elses) thoughts on which is the best. I've read a lot about the small view finder on the canon which puts me off slightly... but it is the smaller of the two, which is quite important for me.

nikon d70's are awsome, we sell em at my work www.soundandvisiononline.com

Punto Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Withnail
    Which one? I will be buying one, I'm just interested to hear quantum (and anyone elses) thoughts on which is the best. I've read a lot about the small view finder on the canon which puts me off slightly... but it is the smaller of the two, which is quite important for me.
    it's a tough one to be honest. best to go hold both and see what you think. interms of over all award I'd go with the canon. newer, less noise, more pixels, better focus speed and accuracy

dangerous dave
    Just before I start a rant, This is what i do for a living so I do know a thing or two about these two cameras.

They are both great cameras but first the D70 is no more, it can still be purchased but is no longer manufactured. It is larger, slower and heaver than the 350D and has 6 mp as opposed to 8. The nikon does have one or two aces up its sleave though, its better built, not by much but it feels nicer also the kit lens (AF-S 18-70mm DX IF ED) is a little cracker for the money. The 350D is the smaller of the two but does feel odd at first when you've been used to cameras costing up to five grand.

My recommendation would be to buy the canon you won't regret it as the better autofocus/resolution/speed etc more than makes up for the build quality (which is 10x better than the 300D). I will be buying one later this year as I am moving away from selling and towards earning money from my hobby.

My company is www.warehouseexpress.com and you can reach me for advice 9-5 monday to friday on 01603 258012.

Hope this helps.

dangerous dave
    Also............

You can get indepth reviews for both cameras and example pictures taken by a pro on:

www.dpreview.com

Plus......If you can afford it avoid the 18-55mm kit lens as it is not all that great its ok for the money but a sigma 18-125 or 18-200mm would be a better option.

Withnail
    Thanks very much for the replies, Vib and Dave, I think it will be the 350 I go for.

Better start saving...

Punto Enthusiast
    save and get teh 20D

Punto Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous dave
    Just before I start a rant, This is what i do for a living so I do know a thing or two about these two cameras.

They are both great cameras but first the D70 is no more, it can still be purchased but is no longer manufactured. It is larger, slower and heaver than the 350D and has 6 mp as opposed to 8. The nikon does have one or two aces up its sleave though, its better built, not by much but it feels nicer also the kit lens (AF-S 18-70mm DX IF ED) is a little cracker for the money. The 350D is the smaller of the two but does feel odd at first when you've been used to cameras costing up to five grand.

My recommendation would be to buy the canon you won't regret it as the better autofocus/resolution/speed etc more than makes up for the build quality (which is 10x better than the 300D). I will be buying one later this year as I am moving away from selling and towards earning money from my hobby.

My company is www.warehouseexpress.com and you can reach me for advice 9-5 monday to friday on 01603 258012.

Hope this helps.
    discount

Quote Originally Posted by quantum capture
    discount
    Dont you mean group buy

myredbullet
    some of them pics of dpreview make me want to sell everything and travel the world.

If only....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast