Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fitting Plasma Dials

Punto know it all

Fitting Plasma Dials

fitted mark1984's new dials tonight, well what a laugh we had...

started off took the dials apart and fitted the new ones over the top, then we had a prob with the needles sticking so we tryed to double over some insluation tape (stupid we know but we just wanted to get them in), put it all together and still they were sticking, so we then cut abit off the warning light pannel as this wasnt helping, tryed again still no luck, so off over the 24 hour Tesco and bought some double sided tape for 88p Bargin! did the job so thats the sticky dials sorted then we were wiring them up and mark says the pink wire is the earth lol touched the wire on the conection and didnt light up so mark touched it on the wire next to the yellow and black you use for the + and they lit up, so we used that wire thinking thats the one, as we were sticking it back together again! i notice that the pertol gauge wasnt working, we had the lights on at this stage, so we turned them off and the petrol gauge started working, its 12pm now so we wired the wiring back as it is standard and all works fine apart from the dails dont light up...

but we will do that 2mro as the - is only the black wire on the same block im lead to believe...

should of read the thread puntoboy did but i throught mark new what wires we had to use...

simple job turns into a nightmare but they are easy to fit honest...

fitted myne today, look the nuts.

i used the wires off the lighter and wired it all behind their and up into the dials.
    i used the black on the black wire and the red on the yellow wire so that they only come on when u switch ur lights on. pretty simple really
    Last edited by simple; 22nd June 2005 at 02:02.

Punto Enthusiast
    looking good mate!

Banned
    i tell you what ,matey i might buy some looking at that!!! simple are there only 2 wires to conect up?? if so i'll go and buy some!!

just 2 wires yeah, the hardest bit for most will be putting the dials in. i found it pretty easy as id done the lockwoods before, uve gotta do a little bit of cutting to make it all fit but its easy enough, dont understand how people can snap their needles, just be patient with it. took me 30mins tops

Banned
    i will look into that as i have done my lookwood ones aw well!!

Punto Enthusiast
    Just fitted mine

But now my airbag warning light wont go out!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LYNCHMOBB
    Just fitted mine

But now my airbag warning light wont go out!

lmao why is everyone having trouble?? also what happens to the normal light behind the dials? do you take the bulbs out?

joey_turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by GT_ripper
    lmao why is everyone having trouble?? also what happens to the normal light behind the dials? do you take the bulbs out?
    It depends. IF you take the oe dials of, you get a lot of shine round the edge of the needles. So you can either use the banjo's from lockwoods, or take the bulbs out, as they're not needed.

you leave the normal ones in,
    but i took the airbag warning bulb out cause i have a momo wheel and it was doing my head in what i am going to do though is put brighter bulbs under the needles so they stand out more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast