Thread: Is car Artwork allowed?

Punto know it all

Is car Artwork allowed?

[Mods: feel free to move this if this is more of a tech talk forum]

Recently finished this for a friend, for A4 size frame, digitally air brushed bar any logos and blurred alloys. About 12 hours start to finsh over 2 days, quite slow but it's only my 3rd [go easy]

Sorry about the low quality jpg & watermark..but I dont want it ending up on a side of a mug on ebay

Pretty sure the owner is on the CTR forum, so 1 or 2 of you may know Martin.

Please post any of your own work, old or new...

jkarpas

My punto gt digital mod

Ok , i've made this some months ago..
    it my GT but painted light blue , with huge fmic, bad boy bonnet, carbon spoilers, tinted windows and 16" rims..

Not bad for an amateur...

Punto know it all
    Nice, is that airbrushed or have you 'shopped an original?

Some work in progress....

Punto know it all
    At the risk of sounding like a spas, any chance of a brief run down of how you'd do something like that?

Punto know it all
    Hey Jim
    Suppose it helps if ya know photoshop, but its basically the digital version of air brushing, where you'd use a air gun etc..
    I start with a pic of said car, roughly draw its outline and things like window lines and then fill that in with a colour thats a shade between the lightest and darkest colour of the car. Then get rid of the real pic and just keep adding on top of the base colour, make areas lighter for highlights and darker in the shade. Then anything like the reflected horizon is painted with PS's paintbrush and slightly smudged in to keep it smooth. Finally add the wheels by going back to the original pic and cutting them out with a lasso tool, then do any colour correction to help them merge into the scene.

jkarpas
    i took a photo of my car, took paintbrush with color and overlay effect and brushed it light blue. I made badboy over my bonnet and changed bumper + skirts from a charcoal civic. Wheels are from another punto and i cut them and fitted them with skewing and resizing. I also painted my calipers red and tinted my windows with gradient painting into a selection.