Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AGM Karting

Punto Sports Club Member xploitGT's Avatar

AGM Karting

Ok ive been on the phone to Buckmore park most probably the best kart track ever. I said i was calling on behalf of Puntiosports and what she could offer me as a group she went through a few options i wont really go into detail. at the moment. Im awaiting a Pack to come through the post so i can decide whats the best action for this event. The prices seem a little expensive but that is per kart so if you did a 3 hour indurance you could split the price between 3 and it works out cheaper.

I need 15 names to do it at Buckmore park www.buckmore.co.uk.

so please show your interest by adding your names below and if you want any guests.

Thanks, XploitGT
    XploitGT

Punto know it all
    Good idea.
    Last edited by jimma; 14th June 2005 at 15:00.

Quote Originally Posted by jimma
    If you don't mind me being this bold, a couple of things. I think you'll struggle to get 15 from here because it's so expensive in relation to track time. I also think that it's a cracking idea, but for several people the step up into pro karts isn't going to negate the extra cost.

Personally this is the best kart track I've driven. The pro karts, the slower of the two models will still hit 70 down the back straight (most normal karts will do about 40 if you get a long enough straight). This is an outdoor track, and is serious stuff (to the point that for liability purposes they have to own their own ambulance).

I am all for this, perhaps at the end of summer when I have a bit more money but still. I know the old man would be interested in doing it as well, so by all means keep me informed. Endurance racing is certainly the way forward as well.
    I agree its a little more expensive but you get a far better experiance say we went for the prokart 3hour endurance it works out £86.00 pp all in and that is Quite good imo 3 hours tracktime between teams and if there are teams of 3 it makes it a little more interesting.

I will leave it for 2 weeks to see how much interest i accumualte.
    XploitGT

Punto know it all
    Let me know how it goes.
    Last edited by jimma; 14th June 2005 at 15:00.

Quote Originally Posted by jimma
    I couldn't agree more. But then as you near £100 that becomes track time in your own car, as an example.

Unfortunately I think more people would prefer somewhere like rayleigh for £30 a head for a series of heats and a final between people all racing together.

I also think you could negotiate a good discount there if we were to hire the place out for perhaps 20+ people.

James.
    ill speak to rayleigh as a back up but imo the track at rayleigh is crap and grip is an issue even for the slow karts
    XploitGT

Punto know it all
    Last edited by jimma; 14th June 2005 at 14:59.

i will act upon interest.

no more spam please.
    XploitGT

Punto Enthusiast
    i am interested depending on price

Honorary Club Member spiritodipuntouk's Avatar
    I was actually going to post up about endurance karting this evening :-) (I'm limited in how much I can view the forum during the day atm). I was going to suggest Whilton Mill as a venue, their 2hr endurance event costs £135 per team (8 teams min), so if you had 3 people per team it would work out at £45 each and each person would get around 40 minutes racing in. I can pass all the details on to you Lee. I did look into Buckmore last year but it is pricey, even if the karts are good. Whichever venue, Mike and I would certainly be up for karting!

Punto know it all
    Always so far away

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast