Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canon SLRs

Withnail

Canon SLRs

Attention quantum/photographers...

Hoping to get one july/august. Could possibly stretch to the 350D rather than the 300D, but as another option, what about the 10D, as it seems you can pick a second hand one up for not much more than the 300D. As I understand it, its pretty much the same camera as the 300D with the added bonuses of the configurable settings the 300 lacks and a stronger case...

Punto Enthusiast
    10Dis a good camera but suffers from lack of buffer, start up speed etc. the 350 would be a better camera but you can still take really good pics with the 10

Punto know it all
    But let's face it, if you're only starting up, do you really need all these bits and pieces just to learn the trade in the beginning?

Withnail
    Quote Originally Posted by jimma
    But let's face it, if you're only starting up, do you really need all these bits and pieces just to learn the trade in the beginning?
    No, I probably dont need a lot of the stuff Vibrio relies on. That's what I'm battling with. I dont want to spend a fortune on a camera, but want something I'm not going to be dissapointed with in the near future and I feel the 300D could be a bit of a dissapointment once I start wanting more, if you get me.

Lack of buffer on the 10d vib, please explain.

Seaniboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Withnail
    No, I probably dont need a lot of the stuff Vibrio relies on. That's what I'm battling with. I dont want to spend a fortune on a camera, but want something I'm not going to be dissapointed with in the near future and I feel the 300D could be a bit of a dissapointment once I start wanting more, if you get me.

Example. Will only take like 5 RAW pics then will have to wait for the camera to write them to the card before being able to shoot again.

Seaniboy
    Withnail, these pics where taken with the 300d without a tripod and on P and the only thing photoshop did to them was resize and compress them more.

http://www.puntosportsclub.co.uk/for...ight=bluewater

Withnail
    Cheers seaniboy, I remember seeing those. Great pics, especially considering there was no tripod involved.

Hmm... 300d does seem to be getting cheaper by the day on ebay. Its slightly frustrating that there are virtually no used examples of the 350d on ebay; they're all new and generally shipped from hong kong for about £75.

Punto Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by jimma

what bits and pieces are you taking about?

my camera has the same functins as any other SLR.

Punto Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Withnail

buffer is the memory of the camera. each picture takes up so many bytes and that info needs to get transfered to the memory card. the 300D and the 10D have slow transfer rates from camera to card and have smallish buffers so if you take quite a few shots ina row your going to have to wait to shoot again before you can take more.

Withnail
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum capture
    buffer is the memory of the camera. each picture takes up so many bytes and that info needs to get transfered to the memory card. the 300D and the 10D have slow transfer rates from camera to card and have smallish buffers so if you take quite a few shots ina row your going to have to wait to shoot again before you can take more.
    I'm with you. That's not much of an issue for me, thankfully.

So, vibrio. 10D or 300D.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast