Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: FAO Photographical People

puntobloke
    ok,i dont know how to put this without coming across as a know it all!!
    but..... i work at currys and am the area trainer for digital photography technology.
    buying any slr camera nowadays is a big backwards step in regards of technology and in respect of what you can actually do with the shots you take.
    it is widely recognised that you cannot tell the difference between a top of the range slr camera and a 6-12 mega pixel camera(even if you were to expand them to the size of a building!).
    digital camera's such as the canon 300d are very very good cameras,giving you the technology of digital but the adaptorbility of a normal slr camera.
    so lesson over!!!
    you can buy a decent priced canon 300d now and get the best of both worlds!!
    that is my recommendation so i'll leave to decide!

Punto Lover
    Withnail that 300v is an excellent camera but it'll go for over a tonne no sweat (if not snap it up mate).
    Go for a 300 theres shed loads of features once you get used to the camera and lots of cheapish accecories too such as lenses (if you dont just buy canon and try sigma for instance). Plus they are not much to buy i paid £60 for mine with lense, filters, carry bag and batteries and a film.
    Processing aint that expensive i paid four quid odd for 1 hour processing at asda and its only a couple of quid for next day or 2 day processing. Films can be bought for a quid or so if you go to local superdrugs or savers etc or t'internet.
    Its a laff not knowing if that shot you took ages setting up came out exactly as you hoped or not :-? . Once your used to it though its second nature then if your hooked upgrade to a more expensive digital version. At least if not youve only lost £60 as opposed to the £400 + for a digital slr.

yeah, at the moment i just cannot afford a decent digital camera.

i found the 300 very cheap so snapped it up so to speak.

it will do me until i can afford the next step. i can barely take a decent photo with a point and click digi cam.

so lerning a bit more on a cheap SLR camera will be good for me.
    1997 Fiat Punto GT Abarth - being restored
    2014 Jaguar XFR-S Sportbrake

Punto Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by puntobloke
    ok,i dont know how to put this without coming across as a know it all!!
    but..... i work at currys and am the area trainer for digital photography technology.
    buying any slr camera nowadays is a big backwards step in regards of technology and in respect of what you can actually do with the shots you take.
    it is widely recognised that you cannot tell the difference between a top of the range slr camera and a 6-12 mega pixel camera(even if you were to expand them to the size of a building!).
    digital camera's such as the canon 300d are very very good cameras,giving you the technology of digital but the adaptorbility of a normal slr camera.
    so lesson over!!!
    you can buy a decent priced canon 300d now and get the best of both worlds!!
    that is my recommendation so i'll leave to decide!

sadly it comes across like you don;t know what your taking about

film (slide is even better) gives better colour, contrast, saturation than digital. the prints I get don;t compare to film one bit. you'll need the D2X at least to get a print comparable to the quality of slide (EOS 1Dsmk2 even better).

you can scan slide film in to a computer using a slide scanner which produce seriously good resolution images then you can play about with it.

I'd not buy a 300D. yes good image quality but lacks certain basic functions that it requires. 350D or a nikon D70 is the lowest you should buy (10D if you can find a good cheap one)

Withnail
    As vib knows, I am now looking at DSLR cameras as I would rather save and go digital. Thanks for all your advice. I'm leaning towards the 300D, or possibly the 350D if I can stretch to it...

Seaniboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Withnail
    As vib knows, I am now looking at DSLR cameras as I would rather save and go digital. Thanks for all your advice. I'm leaning towards the 300D, or possibly the 350D if I can stretch to it...
    I have the 300D and i think it is an excellent camera for my needs. Highly recommend it. But if your thinking of getting right into photography then maybe do what Vibs said.

I may in a year or so time get a 10D.

Withnail
    Quote Originally Posted by Seaniboy
    I have the 300D and i think it is an excellent camera for my needs. Highly recommend it. But if your thinking of getting right into photography then maybe do what Vibs said.

I may in a year or so time get a 10D.
    Any chance you could email me some of the pics you've taken mate? marky_ellis@hotmail.com

Seaniboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Withnail
    Any chance you could email me some of the pics you've taken mate? marky_ellis@hotmail.com
    Email sent mate

Withnail
    Quote Originally Posted by Seaniboy
    Email sent mate
    Cheers mate, you have a reply.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789