Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: GT is gone, new car???

soche
    206 gti will be best mpg but its a bit slower.

My gf has the same issue, shes getting another motor in a couple of months. Im recommending a 172. For abut £5k you have a lot of choice.

Go for phase 1 172 rather than ph2. They made some changes on ph2 which have been moaned about - reilability etc.

lots of cars & advice on here

www.cliosport.net

1/4 mile at a time
    206 Gti 180?

Punto Sports Club Member xploitGT's Avatar
    id personally go for the cupra the 172 are not all that fast the 182 are bloody quick and its only 10 bhp
    XploitGT

Punto know it all
    the only 172 i would have is the mk 2, dont like the mk1 atall. they look to bland. exploit, the 172 is more or less just as quick as the 182, dont know how you came to that conclusion

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill
    ok, buy the french thing then.

I sold my 02 cupra with 24k for £7500
    you done well there mate! my stupid mate just traded in his silver 02 plate cupra with 40k on the clock and guess what they gave him, 5k!

Punto know it all
    I don't like the ph2 172. Much prefer the ph1, as the ph2 looks like a 1.2.

I will be getting either a 172 or cupra unless I see a silly cheap hgt that I can buy and sell on for more.

Time isn't on my side. As soon as he gives me the money for my car, I need to get another asap. So I won't have time to wait for a bargain car. But I'd be happy with either, as I've driven both (prefered the 172 though).

We shall see.

soche
    Its beyond 6k but Renault are doing 4 years 0% interest on all new cars and will match the best deal you can find online. You could pick up a 182 with a few extra bits About £2000 cheaper for £12.5k brand new (need a deoposit). With 0% interest you save yourself about £1500-2000 in finance charges.
    Payback over 4 years isnt bad and its spanking new

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by soche
    Its beyond 6k but Renault are doing 4 years 0% interest on all new cars and will match the best deal you can find online. You could pick up a 182 with a few extra bits About £2000 cheaper for £12.5k brand new (need a deoposit). With 0% interest you save yourself about £1500-2000 in finance charges.
    Payback over 4 years isnt bad and its spanking new
    Don't give me ideas!

I couldn't find anything about 0% on the website.

Punto Lover
    If you know anyone who works for Renault, they get awesome deals on 182's

Punto Lover
    I think i'd go for the 172...the only thing is will it be the restyled one (Y/51 ish plate onwards?) or the original 172 on a W - X plate? The older ones look a bit old now...still good though...

I've got a 206 GTi and it's fine...it does seem a bit of a happy medium amongst the choices available...it's cheaper to insure and possibly buy than the 172 but isnt as fast....but also has never had a major facelift so the older cars look the same as a new one so havent dated as quickly...there's loads or upgrades available cheaply too...

The HGT might be cheaper and i think it's actually built better than the 206 and Clio too...it's just a shame it comes with skinny 185 tyres, small wheels, smaller brakes (no real cheap options to upgrade either) and even though it has VVT it's not as powerful as the 206 or as torquey and it's heavier...roomy interior is nice though...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast