Thread: cinq gearbox...

cinq gearbox...

a mate of mine has a 97 cinquecento sporting and the gearbox has just about had it... it will not select 5th or reverse! i was wondering if anyone knows if a lower model cinq gearbox will fit onto a cinq sporting or a gear box from a punto 55 or 60?! cheers, simon

JonnyBoy
    If I recall correctly, the Cinq Sporting has the same 1108cc engine as the Punto 55. So the 'box off a 55 should fit (although the ratios may be slightly different), and the one off a 1242cc Punto 60 probably will too (as its near enough the same engine). But the 60 'box has higher gear ratios.

The lesser Cinqs use the 899cc engine though (based on the old 903cc OHV unit) and I don't think the gearboxes are compatible.

It's well worth asking in the cinquecento section on www.fiatforum.com too, there's loads of Cinq owners on there who know their stuff.

ahh nice one mate, i couldnt find a forum for cinq's! cheers

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more!
    Quote Originally Posted by punto85
    a mate of mine has a 97 cinquecento sporting and the gearbox has just about had it... it will not select 5th or reverse! i was wondering if anyone knows if a lower model cinq gearbox will fit onto a cinq sporting or a gear box from a punto 55 or 60?! cheers, simon
    You sure its the box thats gone. Last week, i couldnt get 5th or reverse and something had popped off the gear linkage.

all sorted now, some coins had fallen into where the bottom of the gear stick is and was restricting the movement lol!

Punto know it all
    Someone restrain me!