Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just renewed my insurance.

Punto know it all

Just renewed my insurance.

Bloody typical. Got an excellent quote with elephant the other day. £522. Then yesterday I remembered I had insured it as standard and forgot the mods. So I had to add them. I wanted to see how much the quote would differ from standard so, I stupidly did another quote standard, which this time came to £597!!!

I though, bloody hell £75 extra for another day!! So I thought I'd revert back to the other quote, but this new quote had overwritten my old one!!

So I phoned them up, and said "blah blah blah" and they said it's cos of rates changing etc and that'd be the quote!! :neutral: So by the time I added the mods on it came to a staggering £661.77! :-?

Nobody else could get quite that low though today, must be a bad day, so I took it. Lesson to learn there. When you get a good quote, keep it. Nevermind, it's only money.

Punto know it all
    ****ing adrian flux want to charge me £495 all mods declared, more expensive than last year, and yet I have another year's birthday and another year's no claims bonus.

On top of which their apr on monthly repayments is 40%!!!

Wankers.

I got an email from elephant yesterday morning telling me they have now been able to beat the quote they gave me 3 weeks back by £36 so im happy with that. My renewal isnt until end of June so still quite a bit to go, chances are the price will go up and down before then.

Punto know it all
    Elephant wanted near on £900 to pay monthly. Told them to shove that. Greenlight wouldn't insure me till my 22nd birthday :-? and adrian flux are tits.

But 21, 3 years no claims, 3 points ain't that bad I suppose. Better than a kick in the balls.

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by xzibit
    Elephant wanted near on £900 to pay monthly. Told them to shove that. Greenlight wouldn't insure me till my 22nd birthday :-? and adrian flux are tits.

But 21, 3 years no claims, 3 points ain't that bad I suppose. Better than a kick in the balls.
    But I was quoting for tpft, 22 years old, no points, 5 years no claims!!

Wankers.

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by jimma
    But I was quoting for tpft, 22 years old, no points, 5 years no claims!!

Wankers.
    £495 TPFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

So my £661 FC is looking better and better.

1/4 mile at a time
    cant wait til i can insure a GT for that much!! roll on being 22!

Propecy
    Im paying £1019 a year on a 1.2 S - no mods! I`m 24!

1/4 mile at a time
    jesus christ!!

i pay about a grand full comp with everything declared on a 60SX! that is a rapid bonus 9month policy tho!

flyingbanana
    waiting for a quote back from flux. made some changes to the renewal

reduce mileage to 6k, add roll cage/bucket seats/harnesses/track cover.

waiting for them to get back to me...oh, renewal f/c was £640 by installments with all other mods declared other than those above.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast