Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: New car time possible

myredbullet
    Focus 1.8 or 2.0.

Very similiar insurance and the 2.0 is a fantastic car. Got rear disks, abs, tc, esp, some have leather. A great car to drive and quick to drive even though people say they're slow. 130bhp and 130lbs/ft as standard makes a nice solid base to start with and the tuning possibilties are more or less endless and very cheap for focus's now.

The interiors are nice as well with the sloping dash and the lighting can be made to look like the Golf's if your handy with a soldering iron .

Heres some pics of my old focus which I had to sell even though I didn't want to .

http://www.northwestffocers.co.uk/nw...s.php?album=38

God I miss that car , if I could justify spending over £3000 on insurance then i'd buy the RS.
    Last edited by myredbullet; 23rd March 2005 at 11:29.

Punto Sports Club Member xploitGT's Avatar
    You have just spent loads on your car why are you selling so soon id enjoy it a bit first.

But if your gonna change id suggest a Fiesta Zetec-S. they are group 9 or 10 though, They handle very well for a standard car too.
    XploitGT

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by xploitGT
    You have just spent loads on your car why are you selling so soon id enjoy it a bit first.

But if your gonna change id suggest a Fiesta Zetec-S. they are group 9 or 10 though, They handle very well for a standard car too.
    Insurance group 8. I had the 1.4 16v zetec fiesta for a while between my GT's, and I absolutely loved the car. It was only 10.8 seconds to 60 and only had 88bhp, but I would love the zetec-s.

They are down as being slow, 9.9 seconds to 60, but, I think these figures were to get insurance groups down, as I have witnessed one keep up with a 106 GTi.

Punto know it all
    for some reason I can see you driving a Nova SR

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by xzibit
    Insurance group 8. I had the 1.4 16v zetec fiesta for a while between my GT's, and I absolutely loved the car. It was only 10.8 seconds to 60 and only had 88bhp, but I would love the zetec-s.

They are down as being slow, 9.9 seconds to 60, but, I think these figures were to get insurance groups down, as I have witnessed one keep up with a 106 GTi.
    bollox will a zetec-s keep up with a 10 gti, one of my mates has a 106 gti and the other has a zetec-s, the 106 pisses all over the zetec s

Punto know it all
    why change to something no better?

hold out like i did and buy something silly when you can afford it

mook

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_75SX
    bollox will a zetec-s keep up with a 10 gti, one of my mates has a 106 gti and the other has a zetec-s, the 106 pisses all over the zetec s
    I'm not making stories up for the fun of it you know. They are pretty well matched. Maybe the 106 is ****ed or the Zetec-S uniquely fast?!!?

All I know is they are very even.

Cheer up sweetheart, you didn't believe a GT could get 100 miles to a tenner either did you.

Punto Sports Club Member xploitGT's Avatar
    I'm not making stories up for the fun of it you know. They are pretty well matched. Maybe the 106 is ****ed or the Zetec-S uniquely fast?!!?

Cheer up sweetheart, you didn't believe a GT could get 100 miles to a tenner either did you.
    106 gtis are quicker than the zetec-s

but the zetecs is a good all rounder
    XploitGT

Punto know it all
    Well, this is what I thought, as the 106 is 2 seconds quicker to 60 on paper. Think it must be ****ed somehow. Still good little cars though.

Punto know it all

they are not evan atall, a 106 gti will whip a zetec s

btw, a sebbed gt will NOT do 100 miles to a tenner!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast