Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: R5GTT - another one bites the dust

R5GTT - the Hans has spoken! I must be lying, he knows everything about every Punto!

Had a friendly blast against my mates R5GTT on Sunday night. Was a bit unexpected really, as I'd just been to pick a mate up to go to the pub and decided that before we went to the pub, we'd go through Alty town centre first to see if it was worth going somewhere there, instead of Sale.... looked in my rear view mirror and I saw a car overtake the car behind and gradually caught me up (I wasn't speeding, just going at a steady pace and the car behind was doing 20/25mph in a 40), the next thing I know, it was one of the lads.

Anyway, he followed us to a bit of a racing 'hot-spot' - we both knew the score. It was here where I proceeded to destroy him, and he couldn't of gotten a better shot at us, because there was an Audi repmobile infront of me that wouldn't move out of the way when I was in 2nd.... but when he did, we both planted it past the old giffa in 3rd and 4th. Pulled about 20 car lengths on him. When I stopped at the next set of lights, I gave him the thumbs up out of the window, and he aknowledged with the same in return.

Quite pleased with that really, since a few of the other lads were saying he'd beat me etc. It's been dynoed at 180hp running 18psi, has group N carbs, hybrid, FMIC and all that - so not shy, and don't forget, they weigh about 200kg's less than a GT. I'm only running a bar of boost.

In summary, less boost, more power, faster car. Power to weight goes out of the window past 60mph anyway
    Last edited by Debo; 9th March 2005 at 15:50. Reason: to change the title.
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Yes, and still have all 4 of my conrods in the engine.
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Fred Elliot, i say Fred Elliot! Mawbster's Avatar
    is the punto gt faster than a r5 gtt? what stuff do actually add to the speed you go? acceleration wise any way and would a standerd gt beeat a standard r5gtt?

Withnail
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_75SX
    someone ban this ****, he always post's in topics with off topic comments
    Unfortunately NWMWNWMWNNNWMWNWMWNWMMWNNWNWMWNWMMWNWMWNMWNWMWNNWM WNWNMWNWMWNWNWMWNWMWNWMWNWNLargee seems to be exempt from banning.

They're pretty equal to 60mph, but after and above that the GT is faster - more torque, and more horsepower. This one is 180hp.

Punto Sports Club Member xploitGT's Avatar
    i thought your GT was broke debbie??:
    XploitGT

Quote Originally Posted by Dêbô
    Had a friendly blast against my mates R5GTT on Sunday night. Was a bit unexpected really, as I'd just been to pick a mate up to go to the pub and decided that before we went to the pub, we'd go through Alty town centre first to see if it was worth going somewhere there, instead of Sale.... looked in my rear view mirror and I saw a car overtake the car behind and gradually caught me up (I wasn't speeding, just going at a steady pace and the car behind was doing 20/25mph in a 40), the next thing I know, it was one of the lads.

Anyway, he followed us to a bit of a racing 'hot-spot' - we both knew the score. It was here where I proceeded to destroy him, and he couldn't of gotten a better shot at us, because there was an Audi repmobile infront of me that wouldn't move out of the way when I was in 2nd.... but when he did, we both planted it past the old giffa in 3rd and 4th. Pulled about 20 car lengths on him. When I stopped at the next set of lights, I gave him the thumbs up out of the window, and he aknowledged with the same in return.

Quite pleased with that really, since a few of the other lads were saying he'd beat me etc. It's been dynoed at 180hp running 18psi, has group N carbs, hybrid, FMIC and all that - so not shy, and don't forget, they weigh about 200kg's less than a GT. I'm only running a bar of boost.

In summary, less boost, more power, faster car. Power to weight goes out of the window past 60mph anyway

Clearly this car was not 180hp, if your saying 20 car lengths. Standard sounds more right.

180hp / 0.8 vs 180hp / 1.040 - and he has 225hp per tonne and you have lots less...

You are a **** :-)

I must stop saying "tbh"
    Quote Originally Posted by Withnail
    Unfortunately NWMWNWMWNNNWMWNWMWNWMMWNNWNWMWNWMMWNWMWNMWNWMWNNWM WNWNMWNWMWNWNWMWNWMWNWMWNWNLargee seems to be exempt from banning.
    i have been banned twice

i've been less inflamatory lately

Punto Lover
    whats the deal with th car then debo? is it finished? seeings you're racing others?

Withnail
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Grishnack
    Clearly this car was not 180hp, if your saying 20 car lengths. Standard sounds more right.

180hp / 0.8 vs 180hp / 1.040 - and he has 225hp per tonne and you have lots less...
    If that's the case, surely the car was either ****ed, or the driver <gulps> wasn't trying?

You being ahead by 20 car lengths defies the laws of physics, Debo, if the spec of that car is indeed correct.

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast