Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what will i find

Seafront Scum

what will i find

in the pic above, u see the black plastic stuff inbetween the two wheel arches which has gt written on it.
    if i take mine off what will i find and what will i need to do to make it look half decent.

(this aint my car just the first pic i came to in gallery so sorry who evers car it is.)

Punto know it all
    Either holes or sickaflex i think. Differed from car to car.

Blotches of stikaflex which is near enough impossible to remove without damaging the paint, in which case a costly respray would be needed. You can use fishing wire to remove the strips and a decent amount of the stikaflex then white spirt and tcut.

RussGT
    if i take mine off what will i find and what will i need to do to make it look half decent.

Actually get a GT that would be a start.....

Only joking with ya

speedyandy
    stikaflex my worst nightmare! 8 blobs of the crap only realy way to get off is take to a bodyshop let them remove and respray shouldn't cost too much

Punto Lover
    I'm sure Petrol can be used to remove the stikaflex so long as the car is washed and polished immediately after!

speedyandy
    petrol don't really effect the type of paint we have, but it has no effect on the stuff!

mattysmith
    i took mine off, end of last year, was outside for ages with a heat gun, sharpe razor and white spirit, oh a steady hand! did a top job if i do say so but a tiny bit wouldnt come off and took the paint off to the bare metal, but some primer and paint soon fixed that, but u can see where it happened tho!

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more!
    Quote Originally Posted by mattysmith
    i took mine off, end of last year, was outside for ages with a heat gun, sharpe razor and white spirit, oh a steady hand! did a top job if i do say so but a tiny bit wouldnt come off and took the paint off to the bare metal, but some primer and paint soon fixed that, but u can see where it happened tho!
    You took a razor to your car??!!

Punto Lover
    it comes off really easily on a mk2 :-P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast