Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: New car plan....

punto geezer
    i like the look ov punto,s better than n e off the other cars whats the handling like on the gt,s compared to the others

Puntos handle **** in comparision to any of the above.

punto geezer
    lol but wud ya say they have a better 0-60 than the others

Have a look here for more info.

http://www.parkers.co.uk/choosing/specs/

punto geezer
    cheers baz m8 would u swap ur gt for n e off the above ?????????

Not a chance. Ive had 3 puntos now, I like to be different. Too many of the other cars you mentioned on the north east roads for me. Only a handful of GT's, most of which are members of this forum.

Come along to the next meet at team valley on the 28th and I will take you out for a spin so you what the handling is like.

punto geezer
    when is it like m8 coz like i say i realy like puntos and ther is loads ov vtr,s vts,s gti,s but dont see many gt,s up this neck off the woods

Dup
    What nobody does mention is the safety of these cars. 106 and VTR's are ony two star Ncap cars. I wouldn't let my manky cat drive one.

A nice 1.8 or 2.0 Ford Focus is 4 stars and they're pretty rapid too. Probably the most reliable car in its class too. There's always the 206 GTI too.

Jan
    Here's my opinion...

A seb'd GT might be faster than the williams in a straight line, but only just... The williams is faster than the others and handles much, much better than a VTS yet alone the punto.

Test drive a williams, and you'll know it's a special car.

evo - 6th best drivers car of the decade (compared to zonda's, GT3's, elise's, etc)

I'm very, very happy!

Punto Enthusiast

talking rubbish dup

Dup having recently hit a signpost head on and rolled twice in a 106 gti i can safely vouch for it in a crash, i walked away without a scratch and the car suffered surprisingly little damage. If you concentrate on safety to much you will lose out big time. My previous car was an old mini cooper which was more fun than you can have with a bath full of naked ladies and would easily have left me dead in a box if i had crashed but i am so glad i owned one. Safety is bottom of my list till i have kids to carry around.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910