Thread: 1.2 look alike clio with 172 cup...

Punto know it all

1.2 look alike clio with 172 cup...

im sure most of u remember that orange 1.2 clio with a 172 cup engine, was on ebay a while ago?

http://forum.cliosport.net/display_t...urnPage=Active

theyre changing the 172 engine with a TT engine now!

oh boy, wouldnt wana come across that car one day in the pod

Punto Lover
    theres a mk 1 golf with an audi tt engine down my way and it is f**king rapid!!!

Punto know it all
    there is one around here as well, i think its a mk2 golf, blue with black skirts.. or was it the other way around.. black with blue skirts

he had a TT engine (which ive seen), had a little race off the lights, i was a car lenght front of him upto 60 and then i started to pull away.. was expecting it to be much quicker than my GT but i dont think it was running right

Dup
    **** the bed! I live right near blackburn too! I'll keep my eyes peeled and camera(s) ready.

How the bloody hell they cram that in there?! The front on a TT has to have at least half mose length longer than a clios nose.

I must stop saying "tbh"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dup
    **** the bed! I live right near blackburn too! I'll keep my eyes peeled and camera(s) ready.

How the bloody hell they cram that in there?! The front on a TT has to have at least half mose length longer than a clios nose.
    having balls and ambition

Gearbox Abuser
    i have to say thats ****ing tite....

but looks like he's cut the main chassis.. id be very wary of the twisting.. it may never make it too the road but to get it in there is a good job

Dup
    Where do you think its been cut? It looks likes he's just missing the slam panel to me. The radiator just fits.

Shame they're putting it in the front of the car though. Mid engined rear wheel drive hatchbacks seem like so much fun.

How they going shut the bonnet?

Punto Lover
    I REALLY hate clios

Gearbox Abuser
    Quote Originally Posted by Dup
    Where do you think its been cut? It looks likes he's just missing the slam panel to me. The radiator just fits.

Shame they're putting it in the front of the car though. Mid engined rear wheel drive hatchbacks seem like so much fun.

on the left and the right it lookks like the main chassis has been cut and rewelded to be able to fit it in, you see the metal overlaps the chassis line.

i could be wrong but thats wot it looks like in them pics.