Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nurburgring

Dale
    I have checked my insurance and they will cover me to drive in Europe. I have still to get a price for the ring

I was going to do up the exterior of my car but I think I will wait till I get back.

Dont wanna spend a fortune and then go off the track

Camping sounds better to me guys. Like to spend as little as possible.

gt_chris
    me and afew of my mates are supposed to be goin around that time too, this site is pretty usefull all motels and stuff

www.nurburgring.org.uk

Dale
    the more I look at that site the more I get excited but also sh't myself.

have any you guys seen a Punto in a crash at 40? never mind 70+

F#ck up there and it could end you

Have you seen the price of replacement poles and barriers if you crash

I suppose it depends on the weather for me. Its a long way to go to drive around a track if its going to be raining or closed due to crashes.

gt_chris
    ye but it would be agood laugh! i cant wait, have you looked into ferrys at all? we were estimatin we would need bout £300 for one night there but thats everythin from ffood and petrol to hotel and fferrys

Dale
    I rekon if would be a good trip as long as you didnt

1. Except your driving abilitys
    2. Not move out the way of the Ferrari doing 150mph up your arse
    3. Try and push yourself hard

I wanna do this this year, I was having a look at that site and it tells you about the guys previous visits, I think going for 2 days would be enough.

So that if it rains you can get on hopefully one of the days and if its good weather you can use the first day as a pratise day

yteah i'm up for this, i was gonna suggest it myself.
    1997 Fiat Punto GT Abarth - being restored
    2014 Jaguar XFR-S Sportbrake

im well up for this, ill speak to my mates see if they fancy it, we where planning it lastyear and never went. top idea!

nakajima
    i'm off to the Ring this year for def. need to do some more track days though so i dont kill myself, the experienced had advised me to drive it like an 'unknown country road, not a track'

weekends are a no no due to lots of crazy bikers, late afternoons are not busy so good to go round first at that time i think.
    there is a B&B in the middle of the track that i am trying to get booked into
    for a few days.

600+ miles one way for me what a road trip. i prey i get to do the 600 return miles too

speedyandy
    this sounds like a well good idea, but aren't some of you worried that our lil punto's ain't the best thing to go round tight corners?
    i've looked up the track and i think every 1 has seen it when top gear went round there!
    maybe i could make some money going in a diesel van with tools and spare parts!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast