Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Nurburgring

timmyturbo1
    Top idea boys. I'm going in early May with a convoy of 10+ cars. golfs beemers etc. Gunna show em what a seb4.1 gt can do. I think it will surprise some people. getting longer 5th gear b4 then 2. Give it some proper top end and give the engine an easier ride with lower revs at higher speeds.

The punto is more than suitable for nurburgring i would recomend any GT owner to go and dont worry. As for corners ive got my GT on 15s lowered 60mm and it sticks like glue and have no worries about it keeping pace with others round corners, handles as well as my friends Golf r32 and with the progressive power of the bigger turbo can get the power down out of the corners too. Really looking forward to it.

I would suggest breakdown cover though, about £40 I think on top of usual cover but well worth it.
    Do it for sure. An experience of a lifetime. Anybody else going in may get in touch with me.

POE8Y
    [QUOTE=xploitGT]do you think i shoule uprate my pads and or dics.

at the moment i have grooved discs and normal pads.

Same as me - all I can suggest is take spare sets of pads, do not underestimate the abuse your brakes will take, i`d say more so than any other part of the car.
    At evoactive track day at Donnington last year I went with pretty much brand new pads all round and had to change the fronts halfway though the day!

Punto Lover
    would be fun in the 55s!

Dale
    I was playing this on Gotham Racing 2 last night. Some really tricky bends

On in particular - you get up to 170 in a Noble (so maybe 90 in real life) and then you have to slap on the brakes for a very bir hair pin.

I know the game wont be 100% accurate but it does show quite well the layout of the track.

Punto Sports Club Member xploitGT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale
    I was playing this on Gotham Racing 2 last night. Some really tricky bends

On in particular - you get up to 170 in a Noble (so maybe 90 in real life) and then you have to slap on the brakes for a very bir hair pin.

I know the game wont be 100% accurate but it does show quite well the layout of the track.
    apparently the game is quite accurate according to the offical nurburg site.

but you cant feel the bumps e.t.c.

i prefer the Porsche GT1 on the ring

Dale have you got xbox live
    XploitGT

Dale
    Not yet but I will have in the next 4 weeks

The track is quite hard to drive on, I use the Noble and you can tell when the track has weird camber.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345