Thread: ** modified cars and insurance**

mintass11

** modified cars and insurance**

right iv modded my car as a few of u might have seen if not its in the gallery!
    plus i have new bumpers comin!
    ne 1 know how much extra this will add to my insurance if i declaire it?
    n what is the best company for a 19year driver to go with to declaire my mods n not add 2 much ne ideas??!

Punto Lover
    HIC 08451 290 290

Say you're a member on here say yes to everything else they ask and you will get a discount.

Punto know it all
    elephant charged me around £30-£40 per item.

speedyandy
    most insurance companys don't bother loading for bodykits as in the event of an accident they would only replace with stanard items! if you need a quote pm me.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by speedyandy2009
    most insurance companys don't bother loading for bodykits as in the event of an accident they would only replace with stanard items! if you need a quote pm me.
    This is something I was going to ask, so you have spent thousands of £££££££££££££'s moding the car, you have declared it all to the insurance company costing you loads more than all the mods, you then write it off, am I right in thinking that the insurance will still only pay out market value on the original manufacturers spec even though you declared every altered nut and bolt, performance enhancing and/or just cosmetic???
    Or lets say you just bend it, will the insurance pay out for returning the car to its pre bent modded condition or will they only pay out to return it to the manufacturers original spec?

Cheers Steve.

Dale
    go with Hic mate, they saved me 600 at renewl time