Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Standard Turbo

Ryan GT

Standard Turbo

hey, has anyone got a picture of their standard (gt) turbo off of the car??? could they post it for me please. just to solve a little discussion that coppergt and i are having.

Ryan GT
    thanks for that! he won the arguement and i am now thinking, this may sound stupid, that my gt has a hybrid and i didnt know it

Seaniboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan GT
    thanks for that! he won the arguement and i am now thinking, this may sound stupid, that my gt has a hybrid and i didnt know it
    Who makes the turbo on your car?

Ryan GT
    well i had to take it off last month because i bent the manifold, but wen it was off me and my dad inspected it and thought it was pretty new, obviously not being experts we didnt know any different. after seeing the pictures in that link i am sure that my turbo is identicle to the hybrid.

Punto know it all
    It's only the internals that are different on the one pictured, so I presume you're on about the blades look different.

To me the only visual difference other than the blades is the colour, ones old ones new. It may well be that your original turbo was replaced with a new unit. Whats the milages of your GT?

Ryan GT
    67000. youre probably right actually, but the another reason i have towards it being a hybrid is that the turbo dusnt really spool up till about 3500rpm. is this normal??? i thought a bigger turbo would be the result of this??

Punto know it all
    The turbo starts to spool up at ~2750rpm on a standard turbo, but reachs full boost around 3500rpm.

Ryan GT
    ok, think i was just jumping to conclusions and maybe hoping a lil too much lol. thanks for youre help guys!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast