Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help with next car

POE8Y
    You can definitly rely on the gt for plenty of smiles per miles (love mine) - but, uummm the RS - might look at one myself come the summertime, 2006 though.

FLiPNFiLL
    How can anyone like the Focus RS? They are so ugly! I had one behind me this morning, they just look like a standard Focus (ie ugly) with a few body mods for good measure...

If your spending £16k you could easily get a tip top Audi S3

Punto Lover
    Or you could just spend half that amount and spend the rest seeing the world...there's nothing quite so entertaining as traveling...

POE8Y
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiPNFiLL
    How can anyone like the Focus RS? They are so ugly! I had one behind me this morning, they just look like a standard Focus (ie ugly) with a few body mods for good measure...

Isn't that just an expensive Seat ? - Joke, lets not go there again.

S3 is nice and quick (got smoked by one in my mates HGT recently) but a bit plain. For 16k i'd want a car with a bit of presence and had a scooby already. Colleague at work has an RS and it has proved very reliable and cheap to run. Plus in the dry and on track with that quaffe diff its simply awesome.

1999GT3
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiPNFiLL

Nice! Didn't think of them. What dya reackon to BMW Z3's? The 2.8+ models look nice, full leather and nippy.

nakajima
    depends what kind of car you are after mate. the cars mentioned are totally different.

regards to the Evo. a friend had one for 3 weeks, traded it in as it was gonna be WAY too much to service and run. and before you think he traded for a sensible car, he got the GTR 34 Vspec which isnt too bad on running and servicing compaired to an Evo so he says.

Z4...Hmmm i dont sell timeshares so not my cup of tea

for 16k you can get a lot of car for your money. figurer out what you want from a car first mate. maybe buy a nice week work horse for 7/8k and the rest on a Westy or caterha for teh weekends and summer thrills??

Cupra's get plenty torque once chipped and can be picked up for pennies, leaving enough for a "toy" on the weekends. best of both mate

Evo for all time driving... forget about saving for the car mate, save for the parts and sericing let alone the fuel

1999GT3
    Quote Originally Posted by nakajima
    depends what kind of car you are after mate. the cars mentioned are totally different.

regards to the Evo. a friend had one for 3 weeks, traded it in as it was gonna be WAY too much to service and run. and before you think he traded for a sensible car, he got the GTR 34 Vspec which isnt too bad on running and servicing compaired to an Evo so he says.

Z4...Hmmm i dont sell timeshares so not my cup of tea

for 16k you can get a lot of car for your money. figurer out what you want from a car first mate. maybe buy a nice week work horse for 7/8k and the rest on a Westy or caterha for teh weekends and summer thrills??

Cupra's get plenty torque once chipped and can be picked up for pennies, leaving enough for a "toy" on the weekends. best of both mate

Evo for all time driving... forget about saving for the car mate, save for the parts and sericing let alone the fuel
    Fair comments. Ive been looking at anything and everything just something bigger and more refined. Im quite kean on the cupra's. Problem being that im spoilt for choice.

Realistically the Evo would be a short lived dream as it wouldnt be practical to keep for the next 3/4 years. Once I needed to service the Evo I would probably have to sell a kidney or two.

Ive heard about what you've said about the GTTDI, again they look very nice and would do for me. My mum has a TDI and they drive lovely.

Punto know it all
    just dont get anythin with leather u no what ur like with mould

1999GT3
    Quote Originally Posted by scott9951
    just dont get anythin with leather u no what ur like with mould
    OI!!! Thats just the dodgy walls ive got. Wouldn't mind a leather interior like your coupe

Punto know it all
    well its for sale gonna put it on here later

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast