Thread: The Punto Years

CTR_Paul

The Punto Years

Sold my Punto today (mods feel free to delete for sale thread), £2400 cash (which I banked at lunch time before you pop round to nick it)...

So here's the Punto Story:

Purchased in 2001 with 16k on the clock....it stayed standard for all of one week, the stereo was purchased before the car had arrived even... then onto the engine mods...

First came an induction kit (K&N), then an exhaust(supersprint) and over the next year or so Koni suspension (-35mm), Brembo discs, Greenstuff Pads & a Momo Strut brace:

In November 2003 came the coupe alloys as seen on Dan's car now:

All was well, the K&N got sold and a PiperX filter purchased, along with some momo bits and bobs and a Devil Decat pipe:

In March I took some pics pre fitting of the parts I'd purchased from Mr ABS, our very own Tony:

However...after somethinking I decided to sell most of the bit's I'd accumlated in the garage come bedroom, much to the delight of my dearest mother:

The good people of PSC snapped the bits up like vultures picking on chicken scraps outside the Mogadishu branch of KFC, Skirts, Splitter, Spoiler, Strut brace, white dials, ARB's, brake pads, a cad vent and Morettes all got sold.. Knowing full well that I wouldn't have enough cash by summer the Alloys were retained, and some -40mm springs(nice and low) purchased to keep things looking decent for those last summer months:

The first relatively well attended North West Meet took place, with me babbling on about Audi S3's and S4's while Matt chatted about his GT plans..... the Punto had lost it's appeal though, and saving started for a new vehicle...

Finally in August\Sept I decided enough was enough, it was time to sell... so the alloys were sold (enjoy Dan!), and the stereo stripped out of it...It was returned to as near standard as I could realistically do, leaving only the sports exhaust, drilled discs and -40mm springs on it...

So there we have it, just over 3 years of Punto ownership ! It was bloody good fun, and the people of PSC are a large part to thank for that !! Thanks to everyone who helped out with advice and so forth !

Time to mod that CTR now and show Jezza that black's faster

Beautiful, brought a tear to my eye reading that

Punto's rule, CTR's suck, red will always be quicker - but silver the fastest
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Punto Lover
    I bought the morettes off ya and have since sold them to komi

btw silver is fastest 8)

Punto know it all
    Reading that has proved I've spent way too much on me Sporting, Ive done all them mods in just 3 months.

One of the best colours going for the Punt'

nakajima
    i dont even wanna contemplate doing one for the N20 GTT days.
    way too much money spent but had SOOO much fun doing it. staying up 4 days in a row in the garage before the pod will never be forgotten.