Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blinkers...

Punto Lover
    And even the CTR's perfection is slipping...things are changing quickly...

I don't think you can beat a small lightweight simple hot hatch. Maybe that's why i like the Clio 182 so much.

These heavy weight hatches like the Seat Leons, Meganes 225's and Golfs don't appeal to me.
    But then i dont do big mileage either so dont need something like those cars.

Punto Sports Club Member xploitGT's Avatar
    you are so right teddy
    XploitGT

CTR_Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy
    And even the CTR's perfection is slipping...things are changing quickly...

I don't think you can beat a small lightweight simple hot hatch. Maybe that's why i like the Clio 182 so much.

These heavy weight hatches like the Seat Leons, Meganes 225's and Golfs don't appeal to me.
    But then i dont do big mileage either so dont need something like those cars.
    The Clio 182 Cup is a performance bargain (can be had for about £12k brand new!). Yes it's got piss poor build quality and might break... but FFS, most people on here are driving Fiats, and no offence to anyone... but it's 100x's better than any Punto I've been in !

Punto Lover
    That's one thing that could put me off the Clio. Ive seen the ads for £12k too which is a bargain.

I thought my Punto felt a bit better built that my 206 and it's supposed to be better built than a Clio!

The Pug does feel a much safer and stronger car than the Punto so i think the small rattles are worth it!

FLiPNFiLL
    If your paying £12k for a Clio, you could pay an extra £1k for a Ibiza Cupra or Ibiza TDi.

£1k difference and about a million times better quality.

Renault is cheap **** IMO.

The GT will always be something special, its rare, fast, and never appealed to a 'large' group of people, somewhat an enthusiasts car, but could possibly be ruined in the future if prices decline too much.

Saying that though, I dont think the Uno Turbo ever appealed to chavs either...

CTR_Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiPNFiLL
    If your paying £12k for a Clio, you could pay an extra £1k for a Ibiza Cupra or Ibiza TDi.

Renault is cheap **** IMO.
    This is true... BUT.. the Clio 182 Cup is an old skool style hot hatch and would murder an Ibiza on both twisty roads and round a track !! They cater for slightly different markets really. Much like the differences between the LCR & CTR.

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiPNFiLL

This is what I did over 2 years ago and NEVER regretted it.

Punto Lover
    I'm sorry, but I personally, refuse to acknowledge the VTR as a hot hatch. I think there should be a new group called sports hatches which would contain the VTR's, Sporting's, Zetec-S's etc.

CTR_Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by rj
    I'm sorry, but I personally, refuse to acknowledge the VTR as a hot hatch. I think there should be a new group called sports hatches which would contain the VTR's, Sporting's, Zetec-S's etc.
    They are already classed as "Warm Hatches"

FLiPNFiLL
    Quote Originally Posted by CTR_Paul
    This is true... BUT.. the Clio 182 Cup is an old skool style hot hatch and would murder an Ibiza on both twisty roads and round a track !! They cater for slightly different markets really. Much like the differences between the LCR & CTR.

True mate, yea, something for everyone as they say.

...Explains why a lot of us had Punto's even though, say the Pug owners would say "why do they bother? They cant handle etc etc"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast