Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blinkers...

Punto know it all

Blinkers...

In light of so many defections, it has become appaarent how blinkered car owners can be.

Don't get me wrong, when you are part of something, you defend it, but it's funny how, so often, you dismiss something as rubbish without any experiance at all.

A bit like in school when you were a "SEGA" boy, and slated all things Nintendo, not knowing what fantastic games you were missing for your prejudice.

I think the GT is something exceptional, and honestly still think there is not another "hatch" in it's league. all your saxo's and what not don't compare....

...do they?

I mean, My Pug (the skyline is irrelevant here) is as much, if not more fun than my GT ever was. Ok a large proportion of that is down to my total disregard for crashing it, but the main reason is the handling. it's awesome.

now jeremy has his CTR and is blown away by it. he'd expected it to be wheezy and slow, but it simply isn't.

maybe there's a large phscological aspect, and when he meets Komi in a race, he might lose. but again, the handling, the versatility is making him rave.

I still think the PGT is something else compared to N/A hatches, and still believe in it's giant killing abilities, but it is funny how mny people move to cars we slate... and love em

mook
    Last edited by Mookistar; 11th December 2004 at 09:29.

demonfish
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookistar
    maybe there's a large phscological aspect,
    a large what?

Punto know it all
    si-co-logic-all

i cna't splel

Punto Sports Club Member xploitGT's Avatar
    I agree, i came from a 51 reg saxo VTR to a 94 PGT and i prefer the gt the saxo was quite quick for what it was but the gt is so much more agressive. The saxo was nice as it was a new car but the gt is different from all the over hot hatches its so understimated(sp).
    XploitGT

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by xploitGT
    I agree, i came from a 51 reg saxo VTR to a 94 PGT and i prefer the gt the saxo was quite quick for what it was but the gt is so much more agressive. The saxo was nice as it was a new car but the gt is different from all the over hot hatches its so understimated(sp).
    If your gonna compare a saxo to a PGT, surely it has to be a VTS to be a fair comparison? A VTR is hardly a hot hatch!

Ild love a GT cos so many people dont know about them, Think most people dont relise they Do a punto Turbo.

Quote Originally Posted by rj
    If your gonna compare a saxo to a PGT, surely it has to be a VTS to be a fair comparison? A VTR is hardly a hot hatch!
    swings and roundabouts, You cant compare them really, I was just stating that i had a VTR before my Pgt and to have not driven a turbo car before it was very different but the saxo is a hot hatch why would they have sold so many. The Gt is a hot hatch in a differnet kind of sense I.E the power and the understimation(sp) the saxo is a good car but i would choose the PGT anyday.
    XploitGT

Punto Lover
    So whats's the definition of hot hatch then?

The XR2 used to be one and they started off with less than 90bhp!!

Can it be based purely on power?

the Punto Sporting has that power but isn't really a hot hatch. However I would say the VTR is a hot hatch - not as hot as some but very good in the corners.

Some say the Golf GTi isn't but it is really in my opinion. Might not be the fastest or best in corners but still a quickish car.

demonfish
    yeah but the xr2 in its day was quick and powerful.... you cant compare that to a modern day hot hatch.

even the GT is losing out now, look at the CTR, clio cup, mini cooper s etc..

people can argue that any car could be a hot hatch because of its good or bad points e.t.c, but we would be here all day i think its down to your own opinions to decide if you think its a hot hatch or not its like the golf gti was the best hot hatch in the 80's but can this still be said even though it can still beat some of to days "hot hatches" i.e the zetec s and VTR e.t.c.

But then again people will disagree because they have there own views.

I love my GT
    XploitGT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast