Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The PSC British Karting Championships

Devon

The PSC British Karting Championships

Just had what i think is a mega idea...
    it appears that various regional factions of psc like to go karting on a semi regular basis this got me thinking
    why dont we have a national karting championship?
    we could have a league table for each area with a once a month race meet. the winner of each meet would receive x amount of points (25) and then points awarded for places thereafter i.e 2nd (20) etc etc
    at each meet members pay say £5 into a pot which is banked until the end of the season. whoever ammases the most points wins the pot at the end of the year at an prestigious awards dinner ceremony (maccy-dees probably)

but heres the good bit if theres regional co-ordinators we could arange this thing to take part in various different areas and at the end of the season have a race of champions over say a weekend meet (several races). the winner takes some form of PSC prize and bragging rights of being "the best of the best"

i think this sounds well cool, it'll promote monthly meets which is what a few people bump their gums about now and allow a full on psc xmas mass meet to crown champ and everyone get lashed

so anyone else think this is a good idea?

Devon
    obviously we could publish monthly standings on the forum to see whose leading regional championships as well

Punto Lover
    Cost is a bit steep for once a month .. but once a 1/4 might be better

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by baby
    Cost is a bit steep for once a month .. but once a 1/4 might be better
    This sounds like a good idea. Only going to be about £20 a pop anyway. Karting will be more than that, most certainly and is a pain in the arse to sort out.

Devon
    any suggestions obviously encouraged
    its just a basic idea - thought it would serve a few purposes:-

1) get regional people together
    2) get a country wide get together similar to usc
    3) be fun

imagine a xmas-ish meet central somewhere one weekend for karting beer n bait fantastic

lets set the wheels in motion people

Pickup
    im up for anything
    1st idea sounded the best as its something to look forward to each month and gets us all together. and, in the end, we all get to meet up as a full club, how cool!?
    lets do it...

Punto know it all
    Without sounding forcefully blunt, a monthly karting meet won't work.

At best you could expect a monthly 1/4 mile, perhaps.

Pickup
    i do actually agree. although, it still would be nice to have it monthly.
    anyway, lets get something of some sort organised

Devon
    Quote Originally Posted by jimma
    Without sounding forcefully blunt, a monthly karting meet won't work.

At best you could expect a monthly 1/4 mile, perhaps.
    i dont mean a monthly national meet for karting...just regional with an annual meet to find the champion of champions from all the regional meets/tables

and regarding quarter miles thats me fooked i've only got a sporting but hey could be a laff - innit

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by Devon
    i dont mean a monthly national meet for karting...just regional with an annual meet to find the champion of champions from all the regional meets/tables

and regarding quarter miles thats me fooked i've only got a sporting but hey could be a laff - innit
    Working on this basis I only have a Punto GT, so that's me fooked as well.

My point being, it's a 1/4 mile. You race who you want within reason, and really only race against your previous best. If your thoughts were correct then there is no point in me going because there are going to be Sunny GTiR's there, and there isn't any point in them going because there are going to be Skylines there and so on so on....

It's a bit of fun, and if you remember you have to drive the car home at the end of the day so much the better!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast