Page 70 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2060656667686970717273747580 ... LastLast

Thread: where do you work, and what do you do?

Ha ha!
    I'm at Uni because I actually want to learn though, unlike some students I have met!
    I am classed as a mature student, at 21, though.. so not like the other 18 year old students lol.

Punto Lover
    ooooh, are you now?

hey i've seen students at 25-26 who are pretty much mentaly challanged as i like to put it lol, so how longs ur uni corse?

It's 3 - 4 years long, although that depends on if I want to work within the Music Industry for a year. (I am doing a degree in Music Industry Management in East London)

Punto Lover
    ooooh, that sounds pretty cool tbh, what is the long term outcome from that? i no you said music management, but could u explain that more?

There are quite a lot of options when I finish really.

I could go on to owning my own Music Venue.
    Or I could go down a management route, managing bands (sorting out things like photoshoots, video recordings, recording their tracks etc), or managing them on tour (Making sure they are where they are supposed to be at the right times, ensuring that venues don't under pay them etc.) Could go into launching my own record label, or working with a record label as a booking agent maybe.

At the moment I book bands for shows across the UK, I do this part time. Don't get paid much - I get about £5 per show I book a band in for. But it's all experience. At the moment I also work with a venue in Southend (called Chinnerys), where I organise a gig, bands come down and play, I keep all the ticket money - this can make you lose money, or make money. Most I've made was £500 in one night.

Pretty good business to be in really haha!

Mostly I'd just like to get back into a band and playing shows again!

Punto Lover
    pretty few options there then =] sounds like a good way to go into life, my uncle has his own band, i love watchin him, he plays music like oasis ect =] love it, his got his own album out, i love live music it's a fantastic feelin, music is my first love =] it's amazing how something uc an't see or feel can give you such a feelin, i wanted to be a backin dancer when i left school, but never had the support i needed form friends and family, but stick at it =]

Im a warehouseman

Punto Lover
    Im a system administrator in Oxford basicly rebuilding and managing servers for a muiltmillion pound canpany not to bad and not really restricted alot like most users

Work at Argos Warehouase in heywood ind est. Main pick but only started 3 days ago after previouse company went into liquidation (was poop too lol) Love grafting hate being lazy

Punto Lover
    I'm a telemetry technician for www.metasphere.co.uk

Page 70 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2060656667686970717273747580 ... LastLast