Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spyware problem?

1999GT3

Unhappy Spyware problem?

I have posted this before but I am still none the wiser.

I am unable to go onto a site and download something direct e.g. msn messenger from the msn site. If I click the download button a site will pop up called nkvd.us and the site will change from www.msn.com to http://%6e%6b%76%64%2e%75%73/1526/. Also I am unable to send an email from hotmail or yahoo. If I press the send button nothin will happen.

I have run spywate and Adaware and fixed a few probs but this is ongoing and really annoying me. Can anyone help?

Thanks
    Danny

Honorary Club Member spiritodipuntouk's Avatar
    Sounds like you've picked up a Trojan, could be one of these listed on the Symantec website, it came back with four different ones when I typed that address you kept getting redirected to in their search -

http://search.symantec.com/custom/us/query.html

Punto Lover
    I'll try and help as much as possible just now. I'm off to Crail tomorrow, and then I'm away on training all next week.

Basically:

Update or download some AntiVirus software. I recommend AVG from www.grisoft.com. Its free. If not that, then McAfee. Run it and see what it finds. Let it disinfect/shred anything that it does.

Download Spybot - Search and Destroy. Update it, immunize and then run a search. Fix any problems it finds.

Download CWShredder. click on the Fix button.

Download HiJackThis, and post the log on here. If I'm not about, I'm sure there will be someone who can help you with which lines to tick and remove.

If you can, go to www.windowsupdate.com and download all necessary critical updates.

There...I think thats about it...

1999GT3
    Thank you for the above, however, as I mentioned I am unable to download anything without it going to the feking spyware site thing nkvd.us. How am I ment to clean my pc when I cant download protection?? :-(

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by 1999GT3
    Thank you for the above, however, as I mentioned I am unable to download anything without it going to the feking spyware site thing nkvd.us. How am I ment to clean my pc when I cant download protection?? :-(
    Go to http://smart-finder.biz/1524/uninstall.htm
    If u cant download nothing, try to reboot your computer in safe mode + net.
    Good luck.

1999GT3
    Quote Originally Posted by puntogt3
    Go to http://smart-finder.biz/1524/uninstall.htm
    If u cant download nothing, try to reboot your computer in safe mode + net.
    Good luck.
    Thanks mate, just been looking at that site. When I right click on the ''download unistaller' and save target as, it comes upm with a msg saying ''your curretn security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded'' - holy ****. Has my computer got the plague?

Thanks for your efforts

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by 1999GT3
    Thanks mate, just been looking at that site. When I right click on the ''download unistaller' and save target as, it comes upm with a msg saying ''your curretn security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded'' - holy ****. Has my computer got the plague?

Thanks for your efforts
    Use an download accelerator like DAP.
    Then run the uninstaller.

Punto Lover
    Are you still having problems?

1999GT3
    Quote Originally Posted by PuntoSporting
    Are you still having problems?
    Yeh mate. I know now whats causing it but to fix the problem is just beyond me with limited computer knowledge. I have been infected with a virus apparently from a guy in Russia its called ''nvkd.us''

When i typed this in google it came up with forums of ppl in the US who have also been infected and have a solution which I don't understand. It involved rebooting in safe mode and then deleting certain files...something I don't want to get into. Might just have to format the pc and start again...gutted :-(

Punto Lover
    can you hold off until Monday when I'm back at work and I can get a step by step guide for you? I'm on 56k at home and it would take me all day to find the info that I need!

Booting into Safe Mode is piss easy. trust me. Far far far easier than formatting and starting again!

Wait till monday and I'll get things sorted for you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast