Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The way to 200bhp+

SleeperGT

Exclamation The way to 200bhp+

Right I know this is a little vague but I'd like to know the best way to get your GTs from the original 130bhp to 200bhp+ the cheapest way possible? Just a general post to see who's opinions we get...

Punto Lover
    its not cheap.

200hp + = new engine

190hp = seb4 set up, in the region of £1500 without fitting

SleeperGT

Unhappy

So not really a majorly big difference doing a SEB4 setup to a SEB2 setup. I thought u were looking over 200 with SEB4

Punto Lover
    20-25hp.

big top end power.

Punto Lover
    IMO it's best to get the full seb2 set up then be done with it. The car is fast and still very reliable. I toyed with going the hybrid route but I think my money will be better spent on something else.

Punto know it all
    Those Garretts on nakajimas car seem to got close to 200 ? 168 at the wheels is at least 200 fly surely ?

SleeperGT

Exclamation

Think im gonna go with JSCs point. Iv almost finished my SEB2 setup. Just need FMIC and FSE power boost valve I think?

Punto Lover
    You don't need a FSE with Seb2

SleeperGT

Talking

Oh right, just out of curiousity can u list the spec of ur SEB2 setup. I remember when I first tried to chase/race ur car u took off like a rocket lol. Although this was pre-seb and other mods.

www.gpmotorsport.co.uk - 200bhp isn't cheap, it comes with a severly hefty price tag if you want to do it properly.

Nakajima's has gone up 10bhp without any further mods.... last time he had it on the rollers it was kicking out 187bhp, then he took it another place and made 197bhp....... draw your own conclusions from that. None the less, with his nitrous, it is more than 200bhp without a doubt, and credit to the lad, he has the fastest GT on this site, for the time being.

I'd take the advice that JSC has given. Most people are happy at a SEB2 setup, it is good for 170bhp all day every day
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast