Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My PC is dead

Punto know it all
    This happened to me recently
    prob a software issue.
    The blue screen will have a error code and serial number.
    I had to reinstall everything.
    Get your boot cd and try that.

I lost everything m8 so be prepared to start over.

Antony

Dude, if worst comes to worst you can remove the harddrive and put it in another pc, and back up your files that way

Punto know it all
    now why the **** didnt i do that(INSERT SMILEY HITTING HEAD ON WALL ) dohhhhhhh

Antony

Quote Originally Posted by psxprince
    now why the **** didnt i do that(INSERT SMILEY HITTING HEAD ON WALL ) dohhhhhhh

Antony

Hardlines man

1999GT3
    Quote Originally Posted by KAS
    Dude, if worst comes to worst you can remove the harddrive and put it in another pc, and back up your files that way
    Kas, so will it not be the hardware in the hard drive thats corrupted?

Its probly just something fuct within windows xp, or a virus.

If you put the harddrive in another pc as a slave drive, you should still be able to access your files, back them up to DVD/CD etc and even run a virus check... but if it wont work as a slave (with the correct settings in the bios) then its probly the actuall drive that is screwed. :-x

Re-installing should be the last last last last last last option, even after gettin bummed by a computer shop to fix it.

FLiPNFiLL
    Sounds like what happens when you swap your motherboard and try and get away with not re-installing windows XP.

XP doesnt like change, but if you havent added any new hardware, its quite possible it was just a random fudge up, remember this is a PC, anything can happen.

As the others have said, use the harddrive on another computer as a slave (just plug it into a secondary IDE connection) and browse the drive using explorer, back up what you need.

Then put the drive back and reinstall windows XP from the CD.

Job's a goodun as they say in Uzbekistan.

Withnail
    Flip and Kas are right, your drive will be fine. Go and sweet talk a mate into letting you connect it to his as a slave.

Oh, and if your brother's been downloading anything other than MP3s from kazaa, go and give him a slap.

Punto know it all
    the reason for the reboot is because windows cannot load the required file (of which the name escapes me) hence it keeps trying.

1999GT3
    Quote Originally Posted by Withnail
    Flip and Kas are right, your drive will be fine. Go and sweet talk a mate into letting you connect it to his as a slave.

Oh, and if your brother's been downloading anything other than MP3s from kazaa, go and give him a slap.
    Im slightly confused, didnt you tell me earlier to reinstall windows and this could get me in with my files still saved? But now im being told re-installing windows should be the last resort?

Thanks again
    ps. knowing my brother mp3's wont be the only thing saved thats why i would die if i took it to a computer repair shop. We call him little Gary Glitter :-)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast