Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vw

nakajima

Vw

golf MK4 1.8 20V turbo, i know they are slow as stock but have seen some on EIP tuning that are mental and they look the bollox, maybe thinking of one to tune. I have a MK4 GT TDI PD and they are lovely to drive.

gonna test drive a 20VT and see what the crack is

adz353
    have u got the desiel one now?

what is it like to drive and insurance group mate?

Adz

nakajima
    yeh i got a TDI GT on an X plate in black, its lovely mate. its got full leather air con cruise the lot. its mint on fuel and can be tuned very well too.

brakes are spot on and the handlings good as its got ASR. i pay about 350.00 fully comp on a seperate policy using NO no claims

Punto Enthusiast
    why not tune the arse off the GTi TDI

I drove a 1.8 20v T GTi the other day. i wasnt impressed it felt heavy and slugggish. My mate has a Leon Cupra for having the same engine it felt a lot quicker to drive. Both engines are highly tunable as u say. Remapping can give enormous Bhp gains

nakajima
    as standard the 1.820vT is pants in a golf but whack on big blower/front mount and re map and they fly. more smooth/drivable power though.

compaired to the punto they feels really slow, but to be honest most cars , even bigger power cars feel slower to the Punto cos the boost and NX is viscious not smooth

go on EIP tuning and download the VR6 turbo on the strip. MENTAL 10.7

blink_82uk
    was yapping to my couin who has a gti tdi and he was sayiny that he fanceys gettin it chipped gives you better fuel econemy as well! he had a mk3 gti and says the diesel is alot quicker there nice cars wouldnt mind one next if they werent a a fortune to buy!

Punto know it all
    they aren't slow. around 150 bhp.

nakajima
    what arent slow?? the GTI's? they are pig iron slow as standard. break figures dont really say anything really about the way they drive. Tuned they are very good,

gonna tune the TDI anyway though. chip/filter/hybrid/zorst and ya looking at 180hp and 470+ft torque

trying to get some RS8 19's at the moment

blink_82uk
    think http://www.dubmeister.co.uk/ or www.styledynamix.co.uk might have some mate not sure though did see some on a site i was on the other day will keep my eyes open for some for you

Quote Originally Posted by nakajima
    gonna tune the TDI anyway though. chip/filter/hybrid/zorst and ya looking at 180hp and 470+ft torque

trying to get some RS8 19's at the moment
    **** THE BED

That fukker will chew up tarmac for fun man

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast