Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GT's- what they really like?

Clio16v

GT's- what they really like?

Hi Guys

I've been talking to CopperGT as he is after a clio 16v and i have been looking at GT's for a while so were considering a swap.
    What are GT's really like? What should i look for as i know they ain't trouble free!

Cheers

Tom

Gt are really ****, but have a turbo and are pretty quick...

massive list of things to look for, but its just the same with any other car....

Just like Clio's have panties electrics n ****, but sound sweet and look hard as fukk...

But there have been a million posts on what to look for, i know the search thing isnt working, but i am at work and cant really be arsed to help any more :P

SleeperGT

Talking

Obviously I cant say n e thing coz ur looking at mine but I have nothing 2 hide. Look for yourself, the forum is full of things to look for when buying one. But like I say its low mileage and ask n e 1 here who's seen it in the flesh!

Clio16v
    Yeah tried a search mate but it didn't work for some reason.

Just trying to get some backl ground info really mate.

Cheers

Tom

SleeperGT

Talking

By all means, be my guest, I remember how many people liked it up at Bluewater iv sent u another PM on Cliosport btw!

Punto know it all
    Check it boosts ok (floor it at 1250rpm, should go into red for split second then drop to about 3/4 and then by the time you hit red line should be around 1/2 way).

Check oil pressure, when cold should be at or just under 3 bar, and when warm at idle should be between 1.5bar and 2.5bar.

Check for oil leaks, the cam cover gasket is a common problem but easy to fix and costs about £3. Put your hand under the drivers side fog light and touch the metal boost pipe. If you find oil, it's cracked. About £70 for a new one.

Check rear arms by looking at the camber of the rear wheels and tread wear. They should be like this |---| rather than /---\, /---|, or |---\.

Check tyre wear generally.

Check for dings and dents as easy to dent these things.

Check for overspray behind rubbers, in wheel arches etc.

Get a HPI check and if you can afford it, an AA check or similar.

Clio16v
    Cheers Xzibit -Good guide there!

I've already done the free RAC check. Copper mate, you know your the fourth owner of your car?

SleeperGT

Talking

Yep! I did indeed know that as it's on my log book and all those things xzibit said u can do. Oh and with a bleed it wont boost into the red, well it doesnt on mine! Only on a standard car on Pierburg valve will it do that which you failed to specify

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by CopperGT
    which you failed to specify
    i know (10 charachters)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast