Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: PSC of Yesteryear

PSC of Yesteryear

I was looking through some old pics from the front-end section of PSC earlier today, and again this evening. I can only imagine what this club must have been like in the early days.

I thought I'd post this to show a few of the newbies (in comparison to the old skool, I am also a newbie, having only been around for 18 months) what it must have been like to be a part of PSC in the beginning, in comparison to how it is now.

Here's some pics I have dug up...

Aldon Automotive - September '00. A great line up of GT's, including a rather standard looking 'Klaxon' nearest to the camera.

Birmingham NEC - 7th July '01. A meet-up before heading to the NEC, obviously a convoy of some sort... I imagine the neighbours weren't too happy!

Chobham Test Track - 15th August '01. From left to right we have... unknown yellow GT (who's is that car?), Demonfish, Xedos (with Klaxon), and AbarthGT.

Not alot happened in 2002/3 - I think this was the year(s) when alot of the regulars were undergoing some major engine mods... Mike Willet going Hybrid with MoTeC engine management, Ringer going POTR 1515cc T3 and of course, James Hans was off the road the majority of the year with difficulties at UAD, and luckily was saved by PowerOnTheRoad.

Sadly, I couldn't find any pics from this years meets. Could this be a tell tail sign that PSC is dying the death? Hopefully there will be a strong showing of Punto's at Elvington this year to try and revive the site. These old pictures have also given me some motivation to get my Punto done by the year end so that I can attend some car shows next year!

I'd have put a few more pictures in, but those were my particular favorites. Admin need to sort out the 'you can only post 3 pics in a post' thing out. I hope whoever has read this agrees with me when I say that we need to try and get PSC back to how it was. This isn't meant as a dig or anything malicious, just a look back to how things were, compared to how they currently are, and possibly some ideas of how to get this place back up and running again.

Matt.
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

flyingbanana
    the yellow gt in the bottom pic was richard bakers and is now matt southalls.

flyingbanana
    2003 aldon rr was a cracking turn out.

Punto know it all
    Trip to Powerstation 2001:

Mine is the first yellow one in that pic

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Dêbô
    unknown yellow GT (who's is that car?)
    That would be batty matty's car Owned by Richard Baker back then

nakajima
    hoping 24th Elvington meet makes a special day in the PCS time

blink_82uk
    IMO the PSC will only die off if everyone lets it! if no one has an interest in keeping it going then yeah it will die off and be no more however if all the "newbies" keep it going then it will also keep going for a fiar while! i personally wouldnt like to see it die and i'm sure alot of other members feel the same! rant over!

I must stop saying "tbh"
    the site has an elitest air regarding the non turbo punto's and as such many non turbo owners seem disuaded from attending such events due to the standard nature of the vehicles
    i don;t see why i attended my first puntomk2 meet completely standard and not knowing anyone.

it turned out fine and now i have many good friends from that site as indeed i have some good mates on here.

i think the answer is more meets where paying for anything be it entry to a show or a rolling road is not an issue

look at the success of bluewater there was between 40-60 cars over the course of the evening

this was mostly due to the lack of having to pay and it attracted all walks of punto. i myself turned up in my second car because of the community aspect of it and met up with lots of people i know through punto's.

i say more covered locations need to be found around the country where we will not be an inconvenience to the land owners/management.

that way the community which keeps the site alive will thrive.

my 2p's worth

demonfish
    its because we have more younger members, who are more interested in body kits than meetings for power runs etc... which is fine, its what happens as cars get cheaper.

think about it - scoobys, first come out, owned my middle aged people, who used to meet at race tracks, now, younger people who race round car parks.

its just what happens.

and no - the neighbours werent happy, but bollocks to them! dont like them anyway....

Quote Originally Posted by flyingbanana
    2003 aldon rr was a cracking turn out.
    It was absolutely brilliant

I was so gutted i missed the Well Lane RR Day :-(

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast