Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: ** The Debo and Demessiah Show **

Quote Originally Posted by D4N
    matt, you can get ctr's for 10k now, so the amount of money you say you have spent on yours, why not just buy a ctr and supercharge it? you seem to love the ctr, so why not go for one ? your punto will not be anything special, as there are a few puntos being made into 16vt's
    Insurance. Can't even get insured on a stock CTR, never mind a modded one, plus, I'm only 19, so need to learn to 'walk before I can run'. Anyway, this thread isn't about my not very special, very boring, very slow Punto, it's about a 16vT Coupunto vs a SC'd CTR
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Dêbô
    Quote Originally Posted by D4N
    matt, you can get ctr's for 10k now, so the amount of money you say you have spent on yours, why not just buy a ctr and supercharge it? you seem to love the ctr, so why not go for one ? your punto will not be anything special, as there are a few puntos being made into 16vt's
    Insurance. Can't even get insured on a stock CTR, never mind a modded one, plus, I'm only 19, so need to learn to 'walk before I can run'. Anyway, this thread isn't about my not very special, very boring, very slow Punto, it's about a 16vT Coupunto vs a SC'd CTR
    16vt Punto not Coupunto

Demessiah
    If these supercharged ctrs are only pushing 250bhp and almost no torque whats the point in adding the supercharger.

I would have thought they would have more power than that.

Estimates on my car are about 350bhp at the wheels with torque to match.

I would expect it to blow a ctr with 250bhp into the weeds

hoyley boyley
    what are you doing to make 300bhp?

surely that must be a bigger capacity block?

Demessiah
    nope.
    these engines just love to make power.
    If you just put the turbo from the integrale on and ran 1.7bar you could make nearly 300bhp at the fly for short periods.
    I hope that my car will make alot more than that on lowish boost (1.4) and be safe to use every day.

Whens it due to be finished Demessiah, sounds like a beast.

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Demessiah
    I hope that my car will make alot more than that on lowish boost (1.4) and be safe to use every day.
    Hope being the operative word

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by hoyley boyley
    what are you doing to make 300bhp?

surely that must be a bigger capacity block?
    he's 16vt-ing it scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Demessiah
    If these supercharged ctrs are only pushing 250bhp and almost no torque whats the point in adding the supercharger.

I would have thought they would have more power than that.

Estimates on my car are about 350bhp at the wheels with torque to match.

I would expect it to blow a ctr with 250bhp into the weeds
    250bhp, they do have more power than that... did you just make that figure up ?

the CPL CTR has 310bhp with stock back box, running 8psi - no need for all this big boost bollox because CTR's are already making 200bhp n/a, no need for a turbo to be strapped on to make 'only' 190bhp like the 16vT's "no torque" - 150 lbs/ft from an n/a 2.0 isn't bad, and f/i cars are always going to make more power and more torque. What a stupid statement.

12.9 is the target to beat for now chaps - I expect that to be low 12's by this time next year. You 2.0 boi's best pull something special out of the bag
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

D4N
    but 12.9 was the dc5, not the ctr

Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast