Thread: The two domain names

Punto Lover

The two domain names

Whoever knows what I'm talking about can probably answer this for me.

Why do we have 2 domain names forwarding to the forums? Any reason? Could we at least have 1 forward to the other instead of being a 'mirror' for it?

This is the same for the webmaster email address. Some continuity would be nice.

Oh and before anyone accuses me of moaning it's been like this for a while and was just the same under the old forums regarding the webmaster email address and I'm just curious as to why it is like it is.

That is all

Punto know it all
    the forum was orignally hosted on puntoabarth, as puntosports was owned by a founder member who had since left.

only recently did we get "control" of the puntosports domain name

Actually, there is a positive outcome of the current setup. Google bot will now crawl both domains, meaning more search engine exposure.

I say we split the 2 domains up, and create another forum...... kinda like the WWE thing, where they have RAW and Smackdown as two seperate programmes with two seperate sets of people.
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Dêbô
    I say we split the 2 domains up, and create another forum...... kinda like the WWE thing, where they have RAW and Smackdown as two seperate programmes with two seperate sets of people.
    Vibrio will probably suggest we give one to the freeloaders to use

1/4 mile at a time

Wink

freeloaders....whod av em....

Honorary Club Member spiritodipuntouk's Avatar
    As Mook says, there is a long history behind the domain names which i will go into another time. There is actually a third domain name - www.puntosportsclub.co.uk which i may change the name of the forum to. All 3 are hosted under the same web package though.