Thread: Topics in old database

Punto know it all

Question Topics in old database

I have been doing a search, and can't seem to find any posts older than August 2004!

Am I being dumb, or haven't they been moved across?

Will they be? Just that there is a wealth of knowledge in there that can be lots of help.

(Not trying to annoy admin, I know that the forum ain't finished yet, just checking) :-D

Fee
    I think....if you go down to the bottom of the forum section, its got display options.....you can change it so ones from this month/year etc can be shown

Punto know it all

Question

Tried that, and now I get posts from 1970!?!?!

WTF?

Honorary Club Member spiritodipuntouk's Avatar
    All the threads have been transferred across, the search index does need to be rebuilt though. The default view for the forums is to only display the most recent threads. As Fee says there is a menu at the bottom where you can choose to display threads up to a certain age - days, weeks, months or from the beginning. I may change the default views at some point

Honorary Club Member spiritodipuntouk's Avatar
    thats a default system date, looks like some of the counters need updating again. I will look into it later.

Punto know it all
    whilst your there, do you know if we can change this skin? i've had a look through my cp and cannot find such option...

This is the default vBulletin 3 skin, so unless another is installed its not possible to change.

As said, just a matter of rebuilding the search index, which can be done via the admin panel.