Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2.0 Coupunto GT vs Supercharged CTR - the plot thickens

2.0 Coupunto GT vs Supercharged CTR - the plot thickens

With reference to this thread, started by miniseb a couple of weeks ago...

http://www.puntoabarth.co.uk/phpBB2/...amp;highlight=

I thought that I'd give a brief update on the situation, as things have developed quite alot over the past few weeks on the 1/4 mile scene.

Firstly, 5Pots 2.0 20vT Punto ran a 13.9 at Santapod less than a fortnight ago... today, the CPL Racing Supercharged CTR (the fastest CTR in the UK, it previously ran a 13.3) ran a 12.9 at Santapod Anyone who is interested in 1/4 racing will understand that this is a very very fast time for a fwd car, and is on par with some supercars.

So, as it seems, the goal posts have now been moved. 8)

What are other peoples views on this, will it still be possible for the 16vT Punto to beat this excellent time set today at the Pod, or is it now too tall a task for the pint sized street weapon formally known as Klaxon ?

Discuss.
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

hoyley boyley
    i reckon its do-able. although it has to be said that 12.9 is a crackin time, and for a FWD car its .

280bhp is possible from 16VT engines with a few mods, and gregs will be on a hybrid, etc etc, so should see 300+.

depending on what sort of figure he finally gets - james was reckoning on 13 sec qtrs with the POTR engine running 280...

few variables, not least the difference bettween laying down the power in a turbo car over supercharged.

be interesting either way...

Punto know it all
    give me that 16VT punto, i'll beat it for ya

...Greg, how is ur car running mate, have u mapped/tuned it yet?

Demessiah
    My car will be ready soon 8)
    Im not far from you......

Lets settle this

I must stop saying "tbh"
    looks good

nakajima
    those figures are seriously good for a front whell.

speaking of turbo'd V charged, found a guy in Darlington to fill my N20 up. he's called the mower doctor due to him ermm fixin Flymo's for a livin. when question about why he has N20 here he showed me the lock up next door.... 3 liners over 900 HP a piece!!! 2 VERY tined scoobs and a MK1 cortina 4.1 12k block from the states twin turbo and a holly charger too. yes folks twin turbo+holly charger!! oh and of coarse nos

runs low11's on 4wd but has it back to FWD as is a prob with the 4wd. 870hp from a striped cortina. mint!!!!!

anyway sorry to break the thread chaps just had to say

Punto know it all

MookMobile

Re: 2.0 Coupunto GT vs Supercharged CTR - the plot thickens

Quote Originally Posted by Dêbô
    With reference to this thread, started by miniseb a couple of weeks ago...

http://www.puntoabarth.co.uk/phpBB2/...amp;highlight=

I thought that I'd give a brief update on the situation, as things have developed quite alot over the past few weeks on the 1/4 mile scene.

Firstly, 5Pots 2.0 20vT Punto ran a 13.9 at Santapod less than a fortnight ago... today, the CPL Racing Supercharged CTR (the fastest CTR in the UK, it previously ran a 13.3) ran a 12.9 at Santapod Anyone who is interested in 1/4 racing will understand that this is a very very fast time for a fwd car, and is on par with some supercars.

So, as it seems, the goal posts have now been moved. 8)

What are other peoples views on this, will it still be possible for the 16vT Punto to beat this excellent time set today at the Pod, or is it now too tall a task for the pint sized street weapon formally known as Klaxon ?

Discuss.
    Debo, greg is on holiday for 2 weeks.

i'll answer.

5 pot ran 13.9 on a STANDARD 5 pot lump. not sure he's sorted his fuel pump or exhaust even, but the engine as far as i know is using the standard turbo etc. its also running standard shocks, which as you know, affect 1/4 mile times. he's using a standard ecu as well

gregs engine, when tuned and sorted will have "close" to 300bhp per tonne. its difficult to know exactly how much, but, with his mods, general consensus is 280-300 bhp is good. he'll also have coilovers and the DTA, which, if set-up correctly, will have launch control

no-one knows how good a driver 5 pot is, and he could be losing 2 tenths on every gear change.

honestly, before you start comparing 20k+ worth of CTR with 6k worth of punto, at least let the punto post SOME times.

i reckon the 16vt will be good for 13.

mook

This was only posted a discussion Mook - there's quite a few members on here who try and take credit away from CTR's, and from Greg's previous thread alot of the 'dreamers' had suggested the Coupunto would easily beat the CPL CTR. I however, am of the other opinion, I really don't think that it will. To my knowledge, Greg has a bigger turbo, FMIC, tubular exhaust manifold and errrrrr a DTA - that's it, and he's hoping to get 100bhp+ from that setup? Regardless of what he has, I'm sure it's fast and with the DTA and coilovers getting it off the line should be easier than 5Pot's. However, for him to beat the CPL CTR he has to run a 12.8 - that's hideously quick, supercar quick.

Mook, the proof of the pudding will be if Greg can keep up with your Skyline or not, it says in your sig 0-100 in 13 seconds... the CPL CTR is crossing the line at about 116mph in 12.9 so it's faster to a tonne If you have Greg licked, you know the CPL CTR will :P

By the way, the CPL CTR is only running 7psi afaik, I'm led to believe the owner of CPL Racing is in the process of sorting some small pulleys etc so it can run 12psi and about 350bhp - this will mean even quicker 1/4 times

Please, continue this discussion - what are other peoples views ?
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

hoyley boyley
    std 16VT runs 197/8 bhp.

chip, zorst and filter sees 250.
    bleed on top sees 270-80 dependant on chip variant.

bearing in mind greg's will be running a hybrid, FMIC, tubular manifold and DTA (which will be far superior to a std plug n play chip) i dont see why ITRO 300bhp isnt possible.

in which case 300bhp/tonne will be QUICK.

it'll be a case of is it possible to lay down the power without spinning up IMO.

having said that, and taking the thread off at a tangent 300bhp/tonne and purely at a guess 250+ft/lb torque will make gregs a monster on A/B roads for making 'progress'

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast