Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Internet crashing!

1999GT3

Internet crashing!

Help me, this really pi$$es me off. The internet pages will load up as normal however, whenever it feels like it the computer generates a microsoft notice saying error and asks whether I want to send a report or not! This can happen 5-10times if im on the net for an hour!

To top it all when the report has been sent to microsoft the internet pages crash and dissappear.

Whats wrong with my pc?

Danny

It depends, it could either be a lack of memory or the way the web page you are viewing is coded. Try downloading all the windows updates from microsoft.com

Punto know it all
    Or download and use another browser. Wouldnt trust microsoft anymore, probably sends bill gates all the addresses of the sites you've visited.

armoredfist2002
    What operating system do you have?

1999GT3
    Quote Originally Posted by armoredfist2002
    What operating system do you have?
    im running windows xp pro

Danny

armoredfist2002
    I can only think of 2 things,

1. Go to Control Panel,
    Double click on system, and this opens up system properties,
    click on the advanced tab,
    on the bottom right is error reporting, click that and it opens up a box,
    you will have two choices 1. 'enable error reporting' which is on as standard on xp and you will also have 'disable error reporting' click on the first one 'disable error reporting' and tick the box 'but notify me when critical errors occur'

If that doesn't work then go to control panel,
    double click on internet options, and it opens up internet properties,
    the 6th & 7th box down make sure there is a tick in the box 'disable script debugging' and make sure there is NO tick in the box 'display a notification about every script error'.

one of these should work, but you are better off doing both, if neither of them work then I havn't got a clue as what else it could be.

Punto Lover
    my missus had a similar problem

it was all to do with spyware/adware and stuff like that, she had to download some software and scan the disk...but i cant recall the name of the software tho

hope this helps

1999GT3
    Quote Originally Posted by punto855
    my missus had a similar problem

it was all to do with spyware/adware and stuff like that, she had to download some software and scan the disk...but i cant recall the name of the software tho

hope this helps
    I think uve hit the nail on the head there mate. I have loads adware and spyware on my comp, I have a system called spybot that is meant to track and destroy this but every time I go on the net it crashes. I currently have 9 windows open with just pop ups. Its driven me crazy, if you could find the name out i would be very thankful!

Cheers mate.

Danny

1999GT3
    Quote Originally Posted by armoredfist2002
    I can only think of 2 things,

1. Go to Control Panel,
    Double click on system, and this opens up system properties,
    on the bottom right is error reporting, click that and it opens up a box,
    you will have two choices 1. 'enable error reporting' which is on as standard on xp and you will also have 'disable error reporting' click on the first one 'disable error reporting' and tick the box 'but notify me when critical errors occur'

If that doesn't work then go to control panel,
    double click on internet options, and it opens up internet properties,
    the 6th & 7th box down make sure there is a tick in the box 'disable script debugging' and make sure there is NO tick in the box 'display a notification about every script error'.

one of these should work, but you are better off doing both, if neither of them work then I havn't got a clue as what else it could be.
    Thanks, ive tried this but a similar message is still popping up.

Danny

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast