Thread: O2 Online Upgrade

Punto Lover

O2 Online Upgrade

Ello

Has anyone ever upgraded there phone online with O2? my current contract has 750 free off peak minutes but when i go to upgrade my phone it only offers 500 mins off peak. It lets me go to checkout with just the phone and no contract but the question is does my current contract carry on with 750 free minutes or do i end up with a phone and no contract?

Tah

Gwedo

Punto Lover
    ring them up and give em some **** and they always give in.
    i have upgraded with them twce was on genie i think htey had to change it becuase it went to o2 still on decnt contract tho

and haggle em for a well good fone they gave my bird a v600 for free and they wanted £60 off her to start with

If your on o2 online then just email them telling them the package you want to upgrade to and they will ammend the records and give you a switch date, you can transfer once per month at no extra charge, thats both upgrading and downgrading.

Fee
    You shouldnt have to change your contract....it's just your phone that you are upgrading....

best to phone them to sort it out otherwise they'll just try to mess you around

Punto Lover
    Yep, agree with Fee!

Basically, they may have changed their tarrifs since you took out your contract. Hence, when you try and upgrade your phone the system won't recognise your tarrif and will try and match it to a similar one.

I had the same thing with Vodafone where I had a great deal, with loads of free minutes and For a very low monthly fee because it was on an annual reducer.

When I came to upgrade my phone they tried to get me to change my contract, but there was no way I was going to do that!

Basically stick to your guns, tell them you are keeping yoru existing tarrif ...its only the phone you want to upgrade.

If you don't get what you want, tell them that you are going to cancel your contract, and write the letter of termination. I can guarantee that you will recieve a phonecall offering you a better deal/phone!